EIGHTEEN: Healing and Breaking

Start from the beginning

Evie smiled at the boy fondly, "Doug, Ben and Helena were captured on the Isle. And we were able to save Ben, Helena was stuck there for a week and held hostage in an attempt to get her to take down the barrier. But we were able to rescue her, bring her back to Auradon, and save the day."

"But you went to the Underworld?"

"It was all part of some plan that Hades made, so that he and Hermes could cover for us while we rescued Helena."

"But why have you been pushing me away?"

The princess sighed and looked down, "Because dealing with all this stuff with the Isle... it brought back some really bad memories, for all of us. And I wanted to think that I was fine, and I know my mom can't come to Auradon.... but the things she did and said along with some of the things we went through, still left its mark."

Doug reached out and grasped her hands, Evie raising her head to meet his eyes. "You don't have to talk to me specifically, but I'd think it'll help if you talk to someone. Fauna is the school's therapist and when she, Flora, Merryweather, and Audrey get back from their spa vacation, we can go talk to her if you're up for it. And maybe the others could come with you if they'd like."

The Evil Queen taught Evie how to sew, cook, clean, and do make-up, but only for the sole purpose of finding a prince. With her mother ingraining these thoughts into her head, Evie grew to have problems with her own vanity and is sensitive to how others see her. And with all the recent events surrounding the island, it brought back some terrible memories. Evie couldn't sleep at night, she drowned herself in her work to erase the reccurring thoughts of her mother. She was trying to convince herself that she was fine, but she knew she wasn't.

And Doug wanted Evie and the others to get help. Even though he wouldn't understand life on the Isle, he knew that it obviously must have affected them. And being the son of one of the Seven Dwarfs, Doug also knew that Auradon wasn't the perfect kingdom it portrayed itself to be.

"So, just to be clear, you aren't seeing Happy's son, or anyone else?" Doug asked and Evie chuckled.

"Don't be Dopey," Evie replied with a shake of her head, placing a sweet kiss on her boyfriend's cheek

"Don't be Dopey," Evie replied with a shake of her head, placing a sweet kiss on her boyfriend's cheek. "Besides, we have dresses to deliver. The Cotillion is in two days and we need to make sure that everyone looks perfect."

"And they will because your work is absolutely amazing," Doug replied.

Evie walked over to a desk, picking up a tiara that she got from Dizzy on the Isle. She remembered the young daughter of Drizella still on the Isle of the Lost and smiled sadly, "And you know what, I was lucky enough to have been given a chance, and now I need to give someone else a chance too."

Doug went to stand behind the clothes rack, "My Uncle Bashful used to say that."

"Did he?"

"Yeah, but really quietly."