Dylan seems to recognise that name, maybe they have met before. I have known Danny since birth, so there is every possibility that they have met before. "Hey, you're the youngest child of Captain Murillo and you have a good job already. Why join us here?" Dylan asks, not trying to be offensive. He's just blunt sometimes. Danny is used to being asked about his father when they discover who he is, so it doesn't really faze him. Most people in our little part of Los Angles knows who Captain Murillo is, he has kinda of made himself a celebrity with his career and that he already has one son fighting on the frontlines.

"I kinda did it because I want my father to be proud of me for once. He doesn't think I am capable of doing any other work than at the café. I need the money too, the café has closed down because of the war and I want to make sure my mom will be okay financially," Danny replies. My grip on his arm is a little tighter than before. He does not have a good relationship with his father at all. I am pretty sure, well I know for a fact that his father beats him, just like he did with Danny's older brothers before they left for their military careers. Danny's older sister is the only one of the four children who has never been harmed.

"I am sorry, but who is Captain Murillo?" Jordon asks, I don't think he is from the same part of Los Angeles as we are. Again, Danny does not seem fazed by this question either. I know he doesn't trust them one hundred percent yet, he's got strong barriers up because of the trust issues his father gave him. "It's fine, my father is a high ranking officer in the army. He became less active with the deployment after I was born, and he was told not to join the frontline war effort that he was better off training people back in Los Angeles," Danny explains. I have noticed that he has started to shiver a little less now and I think he is finally starting to warm up now. The other's looked in awe because of how high his father is ranked. If only they knew the real Captain Murillo, they'd think a lot differently about the old man.

"Are your brothers still in the army?" I ask, to move the topic off the father. Danny nods at me. I knew Kyle is because he is off on the frontlines in Europe somewhere. "Rigo has been based in the camp we are going to for now," Danny replies. That's good, Danny will be looked after by his brother for sure. "Wow, that's awesome Danny," Jordon says, I like how positive he is about everything. Danny just shrugs. "It doesn't mean that I will be able to get away with anything. If anything they will watch me closer because my brother is there," Danny says. I know Rigo is going to have mixed reactions at first about Danny being at the training camp, but he will look out for his brother regardless of his feelings. We both would agree on the fact that Danny needs a break from the abuse he has been suffering back home.

Danny stretches a little and I see the pain in his eyes. "What did he do this time?" I ask, whispering to make sure the others don't hear. "Broke a couple of my ribs and I have bruising all over. I think I have a few cuts scattered around too," Danny replies. He whispered back. It's moment's like this where I really don't like his father one bit. Just because he's in the army does not mean that he has the justification to beat his sons like this. That has always been the reason he gives the boys for as long as I can remember at least. Danny and I always knew that excuse was total bullshit. There are plenty of people who have children while they are in the army and don't hurt them. His father can't even use the well I was abused as a child excuse either.

I think Danny will be happy to see Rigo again, it has been a while seen the brothers have been able to see each other. "What rank is Rigo now?" I ask him. Our ranks are Private since we only just joined. "He's a sergeant major now," Danny replies. So he is quite high up, but not as high as his father yet. "Do you have any knowledge to help you out here more?" Matt asks, I am sure Danny will share his tips if we are in the same room. "Yeah, I learned most of what I know as a child from my brothers and my father used to make me do drill every morning," Danny replies. I always found that weird, a little kid doing military stuff properly. Then again his father would argue that discipline should be taught early on.