Chapter 17 : almost

Evan and Connor were inches away. Their lips were so close.

Evan's heart was hammering in his chest. His breath was hitching. He could feel Connor's breath on his lips.

He could smell his signature deodorant. He could feel Connor's eyes on him.

And he couldn't take his eyes off off his. He shuffled between his eyes and his lips as he tried his best to breathe and not faint on the spot.

That would be so embarrassing.

For the first time ever, Connor realized how perfect Evan was. He couldn't stop looking into his blue eyes. He couldn't help but notice how perfectly his dirty blonde hair fell over his forehead. How thin and full his lips were or how insanely smooth his skin looked.

For the first time ever, Connor wanted to kiss a boy. Never had he ever felt this way before.

This feeling was so new, yet so old. Like it had always been there inside him, somewhere, buried in a dark corner.

He wanted to hold Evan's hand, trace the writing on Evan's leather bracelet with his thumb. He wanted to caress his cheek, trace his cheekbone with his fingers.

His heart was beating fast. Just as fast as it beat when he was about to kiss Alisha for the first time. Faster even.

And then Evan took a step forward.

Fuck it, he thought, pressing his lips against Connor's.