Chapter 1 : uber for Evan

Evan stood on the sidewalk. Hands in the pockets of his jacket. Chilly wind blowing. Shoes dotted with dew drops.

His blonde hair fell over his blue eyes as they followed every car on the busy street.

His heart beat at a million miles an hour as he tried to breathe. Songs by Troye Sivan played on his iPod as he tried to calm himself.

If you have to go alone then so be it, he told himself.

A black car pulled up in front of him and the window slowly went down.

"Uber for Evan?" The driver called, a young man with curly brown hair slicked back and green eyes. He wore a flower print shirt with a few top buttons open. He wore several rings on his fingers, all with different intricate, intriguing designs. A single necklace hung from his neck as he bowed his head and stretched his neck to look out the window.

"That's me" Evan replied making his way to the back seat.

The driver nodded as he pulled out and started driving towards the destination.

Evan looked out the frosty, droplet covered window for mainly two reasons. One because he didn't feel like talking to the driver and two because he was pretending he was in a music video.

"Do you want the aux cord, sir?" The driver asked, his eyes looking at Evan through the rearview mirror, as Evan pulled out his earphones. He could hear his voice better now. It was raspy and deep and he had a British accent.

"No, thank you" Evan replied placing his hands in his lap.

The driver nodded as his eyes moved back to the road. Every now and then his eyes would drift back to Evan and Evan knew. Their eyes would meet for a second before they both looked away.

"We're here" the driver said pulling the car to a stop.

Nodding, Evan got out of the car after whispering a little "thank you." And just as he was about to enter the movie theater, the driver lowered his window and called again.

"Enjoy your movie, sir!"