I narrowed my eyes at her and shook my head. “He wouldn’t care and I have a fast metabolism so whatever.” I scrunched my nose up at her. “Don’t be a meanie and eat your crumpets.”

She chuckled and stuck her tongue out before nibbling on her crumpet. “Have I ever told you how much I want a British accent? Guys with cool accents are ten times more attractive.”

“Oh good to know I’m ten times more attractive.” I winked at her.

“Too bad all the good ones are taken or gay,” she muttered.

“What?” I gaped at her.

“Just kidding mate,” she said in a fake Australian accent and then snorted.

“Very lady-like Elena,” I stated, smirking at her while she flushed.

“Well back to the main subject, when can I meet Josie? I’m serious.”

“Actually I think the main topic was which school did you want to go to?” I tsked at her for changing the subject.

“Come on Lou, like I would know. I’m still visiting remember?” She stared at me in disbelief.

I thought for a moment before groaning. “Right, yeah I forgot and I just picked you up from the airport too.”

“Smooth,” she muttered, grinning at me. “So when’s the wedding?”

I almost spitted out my tea. “W-What?” I stuttered.

She eyed expectantly at my promise ring that was placed on my marriage finger. “Were you not gonna invite me to the wedding? I mean, sure we only known each other for a couple of months but still I thought I at least deserve an invitation. I even helped with your rel—”

I immediately covered her mouth with my hand, stopping her banter. “Quiet Elena.”

She said some incoherent words that I couldn’t understand so I pulled away and immediately she took a deep breath. “I. Couldn’t. Breathe!” she said, in-between gasps.

“Sorry?”

She rolled her eyes at me. “So care to explain?”

“Oh right. Well it’s just a promise ring so it’s nothing.”

“Nothing? Heck no! Of course it’s nothing. What did he promise?” She leaned more across the table and looked at me eagerly.

“Oh nothing special, just that he promised that one day we’ll get married and that we’ll live happily ever after.” I gave a half-committed shrug but eyed her closely, awaiting her reaction. This should be entertaining.

“OH MY GOSH! THAT IS SO CUTE! AH! I’m such a girl right now but still that is brilliant. When’s the wedding date?” she gushed and aw’ed. I swear what is up with girls and weddings?