PIZZA AND MOVIE NIGHT

-Daveed's pov-

As I pull up the website to order pizza, I notice my phone is dying and rush to Theo's room to plug my phone in.

Once I finish ordering, I hear singing coming from the bathroom in Theo's room and listen. Theo's singing The Wizard and I from Wicked and my jaw drops. Her voice is beautiful and I had absolutely no idea she could sing. I quickly unlock my phone and start recording.

I silently freak out behind the camera. I flip the camera while still recording and mouth "oh my god" before flipping it back. She's amazing. I hear the shower turn off and I stop recording and send the video to the Ham Fam group chat.

Within minutes, I received messages from Lin, Groff, and Anthony asking who it was. I told them that it was Theo and Lin and Anthony both sent about 10 messages. Lin's messages were about why I was in her room while she was showering and how amazing her voice was while Anthony was asking how she wasn't on Broadway or how she wasn't a famous singer.

Theo comes out of the bathroom, fully clothed and jumps when she sees me. I can't help but laugh.

"Jesus, you scared me." She says as she clutches her chest.

"Sorry, I had to charge my phone." I say, still laughing.

"It's fine, I just didn't expect you to be in here, sitting on my bed. So how long til pizza gets here?" She laughs softly as she speaks, brushing a strand of her wet hair behind her ear.

"About 30-45 minutes." I tell her, unplugging my phone and getting up to walk into the living room.

As we reach the living room, there's a knock at the door. Theo quickly runs to open it. Behind it was the lady who dropped Pepper off this morning. Theo smiles and grabs Peppers stuff as the lady walks in. She looks at me and smiles. I smile back and wave and then stick my arm out to introduce myself.

"Hi, I'm Theo's neighbor, Daveed." I say as I shake her hand.

"Hi, I'm Janice, Peppers owner and Theo's moms friend." She says and she smiles.

Pepper comes running up to her owner and I smile.

"I thought Theo said she'd be watching her for two days." I say, looking at Janice.

Janice smiles and nods. "Yeah, what we went to do didn't take as long as we thought it would." As she finishes speaking, there's another knock at the door.

As I reach the door, Theo is back with Peppers things and hands them to Janice. I open the door and step out into the hall so Janice can leave. I tip the delivery guy and start heading back in as Janice starts heading down the hall.

"Bye, Daveed. It was nice meeting you." She calls out before heading into the elevator.

I walk back inside with the pizza and set the box down on the coffee table. I smile and look at Theo. She's sitting on the couch with Bruno on her lap. I chuckle to myself and sit down.

"Movie night?" She asks as she turns to look at me.

"Hell yeah. What do you wanna watch?" I ask her.

"I picked last time. It's your turn." She says as she tosses the remote to me.

She sits up and puts Bruno down and opens the box of pizza, pulling out a piece as I scroll through Netflix.

Theo gets up and takes her piece of pizza with her, walking into the kitchen. When she comes back, she's holding two paper plates and two cups and a 2 liter of Dr. Pepper. Her slice of pizza now gone.

"Once again, I could've helped you." I state, laughing.

"It's okay. I can do it." She laughs.

I smile and nod.

"You know, you have a really pretty smile..." She trails off, setting the things she was carrying down. Before I have the chance to speak, she speaks up again.

"Hey, how was rehearsal after I left?" She asks.

"It was good. The guys liked hanging out with you. Anthony wanted to know if you'd come back again tomorrow." I say.

"As long as Lin doesn't decide to interrogate me again, I'm down." She smiles.

"Definitely not. I will not allow that man to drag you off and interrogate you again." I state.

"Okay, good. I'll come then." She says.

"Oh hey, by the way. I heard you singing in the bathroom and may or may not have recorded it and sent it to the show group chat." I say, leaning away from her.

She looks over at me with wide eyes. I was terrified of what she was gonna do but she just started... laughing?

"Oh my god, I bet they thought it was terrible." She says, still looking at me.

"What? No way! You were amazing. Anthony says he doesn't understand how you're not on Broadway or a famous singer and Lin said you were wonderful." I say, surprised she isn't mad or anything.

"You're joking." She says as she pours herself some soda.

"I would never." I say as I pull a slice of pizza out of the box. I picked Coco to watch and put it on.

"This movie makes me cry." She says as she looks up at the tv.

We eat the entire pizza, watch two more movies after Coco and then I go to go home but before I walk out the door, Theo stops me.

"This is a key to my apartment. I trust you not to be creepy and come watch me sleep or throw a party or whatever. It's for emergencies or when you need me to watch Soccer or if you need something that you think I have and I'm not home." She says, handing me a key with stitch on it.

I smile and nod.

"I definitely won't throw any parties or anything like that. I'll text you when I drop Soccer off in the mornings so you'll know he's here. Thank you for watching him by the way. I'll knock on your door in the morning though since you're coming to rehearsal with me."

"Yeah, for sure. Goodnight, Daveed." She says.

"Goodnight, Theo." I hug her and then walk to my apartment and go inside.

Author's note: hi! I know Coco didn't come out until 2017, but we can just pretend that it did. The chapter is finally up! I'm so sorry it took so long. I had really bad writers block. If anyone would ever like to help me and help me bounce around ideas I'd be eternally grateful. I hope you liked the chapter. Thanks for reading! ❤️