REHEARSAL AND CONVERSATIONS

-Daveed's pov-

I go to my apartment and hop in the shower, washing my hair and body and then get out and brush my teeth. I go pick out clothes, grab some stuff I'll need while I rehearsal and toss it into a backpack before putting some of Soccers food into a small Tupperware container and walking back over to Theo's house. I let myself in and as I do, I notice Theo jump.

She grips her chest and turns to look back at me. "Oh my god. I forgot that you were coming back." She says between laughs.

"Sorry. I brought some of Soccer's food. I'll be back around 4pm or so it should just be enough for breakfast or something. He doesn't eat until like 6pm so he should be fine until I get back." I say, handing her the food.

"No worries, I'll see you later then?" She asks and I nod.

"Definitely. See you later. I'll text you when I'm home." I call back to her as I walk out of her front door. I walk out of the apartment building and then to the train station.

-TIME SKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY ANTHONY RAMOS' BEAUTIFUL SMILE-

As I entire the theatre, I smile. I see Oak and call his name.

"Yo, dude. What's up?" He asks as we do our little handshake.

"Not much dude. You know my friend that I've been telling you about? The one I met online?" I ask.

"Yeah, you said his name was Theo or something." He says.

I laugh. "Her name is Theo, yes. Her full name is actually Theodosia. We finally met in person yesterday." I say, smiling.

"Woah, man, that's- wait. Did you just say her name is Theodosia?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah." I laugh.

"YO, LIN!" Oak yells.

"Yes, Okieriete?" Lin asks, poking his head out from behind the curtain onstage.

"Come here, Daveed has something interesting to tell you." Oak tells him.

I inwardly groan as Lin makes his way over to us. He looks between me and Oak curiously.

"What?" Lin asks, looking at Oak.

"Daveed met this friend, Theo, online. I think he's told you about that. Anyways, they met in person yesterday and he found out that Theo was just a nickname. Daveed, tell him what her full name is." Oak demands before poking me.

"Her full first name is Theodosia. But, her entire full name is Theodosia Willow Smith." I state, glaring at Oak.

"Theodosia? Oh my god, that's so cool. I have to meet her, I have so many questions." Lin says quickly.

"Lin, relax. You'll meet her eventually." I say, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"What is she like? What does she do? Do you think she'd be interested in the show?" He starts rattling off questions as if his life depends on it.

"She's definitely something else. In a good way. She's taking college courses online and she dog sits. She might be interested in the show. She likes history. That's actually what she's studying." I say.

"I want to meet her immediately. Invite her to rehearsal tomorrow." Lin tells me as Oak walks away.

"Lin, she's working." I say, waving her arms around.

"But, she's a dog sitter. She can't be that busy, can she?" He asks.

"She's watching Soccer, her clients dog, and her own dog. And doing her classes right now." I sigh.

"Oh. Wait, why is she watching Soccer? Don't you usually leave him at home?" Lin asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, he basically is at home. We figured out that we live in the same building last night. She lives across the hall. Soccer has been at hers since last night." I say, scratching the back of my neck awkwardly.

"Last night?" He says.

"Uh, yeah. We were hanging out and the dogs were playing and I fell asleep on her couch and ended up spending the night in her guest bedroom." I chuckle awkwardly.

"Oh. You guys are pretty close already then, huh?" Lin asks.

I nod. "We started talking like 4 months ago, online. Met for the first time, in person, but it feels like I've known her all my life. She really is something else." I smile.

Lin claps his hands. "Well, duty calls. Let's rehearse!"