DOGS AND COFFEE

-Theo's pov-

5:30am. God, why do my clients like to torture me by dropping their dogs off at ungodly times of the morning?

I reach my hand across my bed and turn off my alarm. I roll out of bed and slide my slippers on and head over to the kitchen.

I brew myself a cup of coffee, pull out a mug, pour some coffee, adding some caramel creamer and a teaspoon of sugar before drinking it. I set my mug down on the counter before walking back to the hallway. I crack open the door to the guest bedroom before peeking in and whispering to the dogs to come out, trying not to wake Daveed.

The dogs come running and I head to my room, the dogs following behind me, as I do. I go to my bathroom and fix my bed head and brush my teeth before slipping on a pair of black slip on Vans and grabbing Bruno's leash and an extra leash that I have. I grab my cardigan off of the back of the chair in my room and slide it on before leashing up the dogs and grabbing my phone.

We walk into the living room and I grab my keys as we walk out of the front door. We walk around the block and the dogs do their business and we walk back inside.

As we go back into the building, I check my phone, noticing that it's now 6am. My client should be here in 30-45 minutes. We get to my apartment door and I unhook the dogs before opening the front door. I notice Daveed still isn't up and head to the guest bedroom.

I shake him softly until he wakes up. "Good morning, Sleepyhead." I smile as he opens his eyes.

"What time is it?" He asks while stretching.

"6:05am. I thought you said you had to get up early?" I ask, raising my eyebrow.

"Oh, I don't have to be up til 7. I don't have to be at rehearsal until 8:30." He says.

"Oh, my bad, you can go back to sleep then. I already took Soccer and Bruno our for a walk. Dr. Kim should be here soon to drop off Pepper." I laugh as he just looks at me, looking like he's about to fall back to sleep.

"Shouldn't you change then?" He asks, pointing at my pajamas.

"Dude, I'm a dog sitter. I don't have to impress them. I'm comfortable and shall stay in this until I decide to shower." I state, nodding once for emphasis.

"Whatever." He laughs, rolling his eyes jokingly.

I turn to walk out the door before he says something else.

"Hey, I was meaning to ask you. Would you mind watching Soccer for me today? I'm not sure when I'll be home and since you're home pretty much-" He starts before I cut him off.

"Of course. I'll watch him whenever you need me to. Don't worry about paying me." I smile.

As I ruffle his hair, I hear a knock at the door and Soccer and Bruno start barking. "Ahhh, Dr. Kim is here. I'll be right back." I quickly run out of the room and answer the front door, letting Dr. Kim in.

"Oh, I didn't know you got a second dog." She says as she bends over to pet Soccer.

"Oh no, he's my friends dog. We hung out and my friend fell asleep here last night, but has rehearsal for a show today so I'm taking care of him until he gets home. He lives across the hall." I say as I kneel down to pick up Pepper.