1. "I Feel Like A Zombie."

KATHERINE'S  P.O.V.

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. Without looking at the screen, I knew who it was.

"What the hell do you want? It's 5 in the morning."

"Oh, come on Kat! It's the first day of school. GET UP!"

"Our school starts at 8!"

"We are no more freshmen. We are the freakin' sophomores!"

"And?"

"So you are jumping out the bed and putting some hot pants on."

"Ugh! Fine. Hate you."

"Love you too!"

I despised Jules for this. After hanging up, I went up to my bathroom.
I decided to take a long shower. After brushing my teeth, I went up to my closet and put on a black tank top with denims ripped at the knees. Tying my hair in a messy bun, I grabbed my bag and went downstairs.

"Good morning, baby!"

"Good morning, dad."

"Want some poached eggs?"

"Yeah, sure. And where's mom?"

"She's in the bathroom taking a shower. God knows what the woman does in there."

"Hahaha! Okay, gotta go."

I had my breakfast and the moment I finished stuffing the eggs in my mouth, I heard a car honk outside my door.

"Bye, dad. Love you. Tell mom I love her."

"Will do!"

I stepped out of the house and got into the car.

"Gooooooood morning!" said Jules.

The extended version made me feel tired already.

"I feel like a zombie." I grumbled.

Jules turned on the radio.

"Oh, come on! It's the first day of us being sophomores!" she sang.

"Whatever."

I never understood how someone could be so excited for school. Weird.
We reached the parking lot and I checked the time. It was just 7:30. The excited dumbass had got me to school half an hour early. What the hell were we supposed to do for the time being?
We got out of the car and started walking towards the hallway. As we entered the school, I saw her. I saw Abigail. I felt my cheeks heat up with anger. I never wanted to see her again. Ever.

"Kat!" she screamed to draw my attention.

"It's Katherine for you."

"Okay. Katherine, listen to me. I told you I'm sorry. I really am."

I felt all of it coming back.

"Maybe you are, maybe you're not. I don't know. But if I'm going to forgive you, I will need time. Plenty of it."

"I know. And I'm ready to wait."

There was sincerity in her eyes and for a moment I thought I was being a little bit too harsh. But I couldn't just forget everything she did.
Jules and I walked past her into the classroom. We were given the schedule for the day beforehand and I was happy that we had almost all lectures together.

"Why do you even talk to her? Jules asked.

"To Abby?"

"Yeah."

"I don't know. Sometimes I just wish she gave me an explanation for what she did."

"Hmm."

But then I know, it wouldn't change the truth.
I checked the time again and it was 7:40.

"Let's go and pass our time in the back garden. I'm bored."

"Sure, let's go." she said.

We left our bags in the class and started walking down the hallway to the back garden when suddenly I heard a loud thump. We followed the sound and I saw him — Peter Anderson, the "bad boy" of the school. He was going to punch Kent in the face.
He had two sidekicks — Kent Rivera and Kevin Rogers. Of all three of them, only Kent seemed like a nice person.

"Stop!" my voice pitched through the hallway louder than I thought. Everyone went silent and stared at me for a good moment.

"Kat, don't." Jules held my hand.

"He's going to beat the crap out of Kent!"

I went up to Peter and screamed, "Is this how you treat your friends?"

To my surprise, he let go of Kent's collar and started walking towards me.

"You said something, Princess?"

I creeped out.

"Why would you want to punch your friend?"

He smirked.

"Friends fight sometimes. And how is that any of your business?"

"Asshole."

No one had challenged Peter Anderson before. I knew what I let myself into.