G R A V I T Y

"....So we're all going to die."

Smiley Face nodded.

"Pretty much."

I leant tragically against the window.

"...I want to go back to the desert."

"Feel free to take another nap." The Brat gestured toward the floor sarcastically. "Spare us the sound of your voice."

"No no." I waved away his touching concern. "It's obvious you can't figure out anything out without me."

While the Brat's hands twitched with the urge to hit me, Smiley Face crossed his arms.

"Is that so?"

Utterly. Unimpressed.

"...Uh-huh..."

"In that case, please enlighten us with some of your wisdom."

I shifted nervously...but there was nowhere to run...

"...We could... Um...If we just.... Give me a second. I'm sure that it will come to me..."

Smiley Face stepped forward, looming over me with his pleasant smirk of a mask.

"Having trouble?"

I'm getting all kinds of danger signals here...

"I admit... I may need more than just a second."

The Brat scoffed, abandoning the conversation to go lean moodily against the wall...

That's when inspiration struck.

"...Human sacrifice."

"No."

"It's the only way."

Smiley Face poked me firmly in the mask.

"Try Again."

"...Fine." I mumbled.

Can't let bitter disappointment get in the way of progress...

"...How about we review?" I held up a finger. "What do we already know about the tests?"

There was a pause as everyone contemplated the question or...well, just ignored me...

"...The tests are related to our masks...And each round seems to take place in a different location." Smiley Face offered, reluctant to participate in my stupidity.

I offered him the thumbs up.

"Bravo Smiley! Good Job."

"The Witch aims to trick us rather than attack directly. " Added Sad Smile Guy. "A test of wit and character over strength."

"How observant!" I praised.

"Our masks break when we get upset or hurt." A soft voice spoke up from the corner.

"That's right!" I gave the Staring Girl a proud nod.

"...Don't be afraid. Don't be Empty." The Brat muttered. "The answer will be something along the lines of that crud."

I sighed.

"Average. But I accept the attempt."

"...No, he has a point." Smiley Face turned the Brat. "If we can figure out which mask this test is related to, we'll have a better chance of handling the ghost once it breaks in here."

"See?" I stood triumphantly with my hands on hips "I'm a genius."

"...You have to be kidding me." The Brat muttered, while Sad Smile Guy gave an amused huff.