T E S T

The little girl disappeared from right in front of us.

And that's when I started to suspect that something strange might be going on here...

I opened my mouth to deliver a witty one-liner... or possibly start screaming...only to have the floor beneath us decide to do a disappearing trick of its own.

One moment the floor was a solid, reliable surface. doing its duty for very little appreciation.

The next it shattered.

Then, instead of falling into another room or a basement or anything logical, we fell into...

The Ocean.

The shock of my body hitting the cold water almost made me gasp in water, my arms flailing out in surprise as I sunk under the blue depths. Disorientated, I did my best to swim to the surface.

The moment I broke free of the water I started wailing.

"Salt! In my eyes!" I shook my head like a panicking wet dog. "I can't rub them with this mask on and they're really burning and I'm probably going blind and if I go blind, I'll never be a lawyer and..."

"Shut up!" The Brat shouted, even going so far as to shove my head back under the water.

I tried to scream in agony, but the only thing that came out was cute little bubbles.

"W-what are we s-supposed to do n-now?" Mr Nervous was demanding when I came up for air.

Because being stranded in the middle of the ocean is so much more important than my pain.

No one had an answer... so we were left treading water in silence.

Until I realised something.

"I think... " I began only to be cut off by Smiley Face raising a hand.

"I vote No to whatever she has to say." He announced, followed by a quick affirmative by every single speaking member of the group.

"What? Why!?"

"Call it a hunch."

"But..." I tried, but no one was listening.

"Look over there! I can see an island!" The Celebrity spoke up.

"I..."

"That tiny dot in the distance is supposed to be an island?"

"Can..."

"It has to be something right? All we have to do is swim over to it!"

"Feel..."

"You s-say that l-like it's easy!"

"Something..."

"Stop complaining!"

"Touching..."

"I-if you have a problem with it- f-feel free to leave!"

"My..."

"Maybe I will!"

"Le..."

I was pulled under before I could finish the last word.

OOoOoOoOoOo

I'm drowning!

...No, wait.

Suffocating with your head buried in the sand doesn't count as drowning.