XXII- Rogue's Order

Start from the beginning

"No one deserves this," he snapped.

"Then help!"

"I am!"

"How?"

"By doing what Rogue and Ben tell me to do!"

"That's not help!"

"Its stopping her from getting killed!" Alec yelled. "Which is more than you're doing!"

"Alec-"

"This conversation is over," Alec said sternly when they pulled up at the house. "Get out and get inside."

Brooke sighed and opened the car door, but as soon as she stood up her world went blurry and she lost consciousness before she hit the ground.

*

Brooke felt like death when she woke up. She groaned and rubbed her eyes. She attempted to sit up but she was pushed back down into the bed she was lying on.

"W-What?" She said groggily and looked around. "What's going-"

"Just stay still for one moment." Ben was next to her, a syringe in his hand with a very sharp needle on the end.

"Ben-" Brooke gasped when the needle was plunged into her neck. "What are you doing-" Another needle went into her neck and she grimaced.

"All done," Ben said. "The pain and illness from the mate bond won't bother you for a while."

"What did you just inject me with?" Brooke demanded, holding her hand to her neck.

"Nothing bad. A top up to block your silly little mind link between you and your mate, and the other injection stops you feeling the pain of being away from your mate," Ben explained. "It's why you fainted."

"Please!" Brooke groaned. "Just stop this-"

"I will. When Harry pays for what he did," Ben said.

"You don't have to do this-"

"I do and I will," Ben said. "Now, keep being a good girl and behaving or your friend dies."

Brooke groaned in frustration when Ben left and she yelled out angrily.

What was she going to do?

*

Time passed slowly after the next few weeks.

Brooke was kept away from Harry, and Harry ended up being forced to stay at the pack house. After nearly killing Kal because he had gotten in between him and Brooke, Indianna thought it best if Harry wasn't tempted by Brooke, and that meant him staying at home.

Brooke did as she was told. She had hope that Indianna and the pack would think of something. Would do something.

Indianna was doing something. She was doing absolutely everything that Rogue asked of her. She was attending dinners round his house, hanging around with Stacy at school and keeping him updated about the babies.

Rogue was meeting her at the pack house after school. He had something that he wanted her to do.

Indianna was sat outside, waiting nervously for Rogue.

"Luna." Doc approached Indianna and smiled. "Good news, we'll be able to do the X-ray next week. How has the pain been?"

"The tablets are helping," Indianna said, "but it's still sore."

"Hopefully we'll know the reason soon," Doc said.

"Thank you," Indianna nodded and she stiffened when she saw Rogue's car appear from the woods. She sighed and looked up at Doc. "You should go."