Chapter 2

Lilly laid in her bed reading a book about egypt and it's curses when Eve burst into the room fuming and started to change for bed, Lilly then left the room with a small bag of weapons holding hand guns and knifes. She then saw Rick holding a small ugly man against a few crates and asked, "He Rick who's that?" Rick and the man looked at Lilly as the man held a small look of lust look over Lilly body.

Rick noticed and started to walk near the edge of the boat and said, "Goodbye Beni." and threw him overboard. Lilly tilted her head to the side and said, "Mind explaining?" Rick looked at Lilly and said, "I almost died in the desert because of him." Lilly nodded in understanding and sat down just as Rick looked over the boat, he looked at Lilly and said, "Stay here I'm going to go check something out." Lilly nodded and took out her weapons and started to polish them as Rick took off to somewhere.

Next thing Lilly knew was that gunshots were going off and a fire was starting, Lilly packed up her weapons holding onto one of her guns and shooting any person in black as she made her way to the cabin, she then took cover as she was shot at and Rick and Evy stopping as the came out of the hall where the cabin was, Lilly then got low to the floor as Evalyn pulled Rick towards her just as he was about to be shot in the head, he looked at Lilly as she nodded as they both turned the corner and started to shot at the men in black.

Lilly p.o.v

I kept my eye out for these strange men in black as Rick asked Evy, "Can you swim?" her response, "Of course I can swim if the occasion calls for it." I looked at her and grabbed her hand and said, "Believe me sister it does." I then pulled her into the water, we waited for Rick to lead us the way, soon Rick joined us in the water and we swam to shore.

Once we were on land Evy started to complain about how we lost are tools, her clothes and everything, then I heard a squeaky voice say, "Hey O'Connell! Looks to me like I got all the horses!" Rick then said, "Hey Beni! Looks to me you're on the wrong side of the river!" I started to laugh as Beni started to kick the water. Rick then said, "Come on let's go. We should reach the village by noon." I nodded and shifted my bag on my shoulder and started to follow Rick."

[The Next Day]

As Rick said we reached the village by noon, Evy and I were dragged away by the village women into a tent and were given new clothes, Evy's black and mine a burnt orange color lighter than my hair with black accents with twin daggers and a sword. I looked at them confused as they said, "It seems to suit you that anyone here so it's yours and we feel as if you'll need those." I nodded and said, "Thank you it's very kind of you." once me and Evy were dressed we walked over to the boys, Rick staring at my sister.

I was the glade the veil was covering the lower half of my face as I smiled and gave Rick a knowing look, then we heard a lot of commotion and gave each other confused looks and went to go check it out. We saw that a horse got loose and they were having a hard time getting it under control, it was a beautiful brown horse with a black main.

I slowly walked into the horse sight of view and stood still keeping my breathing and energy calm, I felt everyone eyes on us as I held my hand out and said, "It's okay, easy now, I'm not going to hurt you." I slowly walked up to it keeping my hand out. Its ears perked up and it held its head high, I stopped moving and waited for it to calm down as it started to circle me. It then stood in front of me, I felt its energy still anxious and slightly distrustful, I then did what no one was supposed to do with a horse, I kneeled showing my trust to the horse that it would not hurt me.

I stayed in that position for some time till I felt the horse nudged my head, I looked up and saw its ears back and it's neck lowered to my high but it seemed relaxed than it was before. I slowly stood up petting it and whispering comforting words to it, then a man walked up to me and the horse energy spiked and he stood on his back hooves while kicking his front hooves at the man.

The man stopped walking to me as I calmed the horse once again, once the horse calmed down the man stayed were he was and said, "Asim seems to like you."

I nodded and said, "He's a sweet horse." I pet Asim face and pat hit next as he started to chew the air showing how relax he was.

The man then said, "I'll let you have him in exchange of your camel." I nodded and turned to Jonathan as he came my camel to the man. As the man took the camel he said, "You're the first person that Asim get so close to, take good care of him and he'll take good care of you." I nodded and said, "Thank you, I'll be sure to." I then started to walked to the others only to stop and turn to Asim as he stood where we last were, I smiled and said, "Asim, come." I continued walking with Asim following me this time.

We then set out to Hamunaptra, everyone on camels while I rode Asim bareback only holding onto his mane, Jonathan then started to complain about how disgusting camels were, I rolled my eyes and smiled as Evy said that they were adorable. Asim then neighed as I giggled and hugged his neck and said, "But you're more adorable Asim." as I sat back up he trotted a bit to catch up with Evy.

No One's p.o.v

As they rode through the desert the warden started to sing as Lilly started to hum keeping her eyes in front of her. They rode off into the desert, Rick leading them to their destination soon night came to claim it time as they continued to ride the full moon being their only light, Lilly yawned and stopped Asim making Rick turn to her, she smiled and said, "I'll catch up, Asim needs to rest for a while." Rick nodded and continued with the others, Lilly got off Asim and took a bowl out of her back and filled it with water giving it to Asim, Asim dranked it thankful as Lilly waited for him to have his fill.

Once Asim was done, Lilly drank what was left in the bowl and they continued their way, Rick not too far away from them, Lilly walking on foot next to Asim. Lilly looked up to the mountain seeing men on horses and Asim moving to her other side, shielding her from their view. Lilly petted Asim and said, "Thank you as they continued to walk for an hour still keeping Rick in sight. Lilly then got back on Asim as he ran to catch up with Rick, Leaving the men that kept a watchful eye on them.