Chapter 9

The boys were looking at all their options till Ardeth saw a sewer opening and opened it, they followed suit except for the curator who acted as a distraction and started to fight Imhotep followers. In the end they all killed him as he was outnumbered.

They made it out of another sewer opening a few miles away and made their way back to the hotel to get their things, Ardeth saw Asim and walked up to the horse, it neighed at him and stood on its hind legs kicking its front at Ardeth. Ardeth quickly blacked away as Rick quickly tried to calm the horse down but it just got more restless, Jonathan rolled his eyes, "Honestly chaps do you not know how to calm and earn a horse trust?" both looked at him with a glare as Jonathan sighed, "Let me do it, if I can do anything it's what Lilly taught me about gaining a horse trust, even just a little." both Rick and Ardeth backed away more but stood by just in case.

Jonathan took a deep breath in, calmly and slowly letting it out, Asim was looking at Jonathan with mistrust in its eyes, ears and head high in alert but calmed down slightly hearing Jonathan breath slowly and evenly. Jonathan held his hands out and calmly speak to the horse, "Easy their old chap, we mean no harm. I need you to trust me, even for just a little while." he slowly walked to Asim, "See, I have nothing to hurt you with." Jonathan stayed in Asim line of sighted and let him sniff his hands, he slowly started to pet Asim, once Asim ears and neck were down enough that Jonathan felt the horse trust him, he kept one of his hands on Asim neck using the other to pet his side, Jonathan then said, "Listen here old chap, we're going back to Hamunaptra, I need you to go on ahead of us and meet us there, Lilly will be their as well." a spark of interest shined in Asim eyes.

Jonathan smiled as he saw the look, "That's right Lilly will be their. You can meet up with Lilly there and she can pamper you and reward you. How does that sound." Asim nodded his head excited to see his human

Jonathan smiled, "Good boy, we'll see you at Hamunaptra

Jonathan smiled, "Good boy, we'll see you at Hamunaptra." Asim then took off running to Hamunaptra.

Rick and Ardeth looked at Jonathan with wide surprised eyes, they snapped out of it when Jonathan cleared his throat, "What are you lot standing there for, we have to go save my sisters." the three men quickly rushed inside the hotel and gathered there things, Ardeth then brought up a question, "How are we going to get to Hamunaptra?" Rick smirked, "I think know a guy." they headed to their new destination as the sun was rising.

Jonathan and Ardeth waited under the shade of the tree as Rick speak to a retired veteran, the veteran and Rick argued for a while till Rick said, "It'll be dangerous." this peeked the veteran interest, "Dangerous?...will there be death?" Rick smiled, "A good chance their will." the veteran smiled in excitement, "Well why didn't you say so, Copral _______ at your serves." they were soon on a fight plain to Hamunaptra.