Chapter IX: Oh don't you look just like your Father!

A    P E C U L I A R    F E L L O W

I watch from the netscreen, the awkward conversation shifting from "How do you do?" to the Political Geography of Earth. Today was the day, the signing of the Alliance with Earth.  Itching my skin underneath the armoured mask, I scan the table for him. The only reason why I even came here. The sight of my eldest son.

Rumours say he was labelled as Jackson Crawford when his true identity was the lost son of the General Viktor Van Den Berg.

He was Magnus Van Den Berg. 

King Cornelius stands up, clearing his throat to grab everyone's attention. He has already got the eyes of all the Queens and Princesses on Land and Sea. "I am grateful that all of you have accepted this meeting," he begins with his speech he has well-rehearsed. 

"Today is the dawn of an alliance between Land and Sea, the day where we unite and avoid misunderstandings through miscommunication. Yesterday, we were neighbours. Today, we become friends!"

Hesitant cheers and rounds of applauses are entered from both parties. It is absolutely crazy, how everyone knows that if Land doesn't agree to this alliance, Sea will crush them immediately. Sea overpowers them. But even if they agree, they know they won't be valued any more than mere slaves. 

The conversation flows on to different conditions in the alliance and ways they can show it to the public. Alas, King Cornelius stands up yet once again.

"I have a way, I say it's for the betterment of our people. We should hold a Matrimonial Alliance, not one that contains contracts and business deals, but hearts and trust,"

My jaw drops. But I am not alone.