chapter eighteen

I walked into my house at 2 AM. I tried my hardest to be discrete and quiet while shutting the door, but some shirtless idiot was stealing milk.

"where the hell have you been Demi?" he whispered yelled and looked at me suspiciously.

Now I see where Nick gets it from. "Selena's" I said and looked upstairs watching out for my parents.

"fucking liar, I called Selena and she said you walked here" he said.

I rolled my eyes and put my hand on my hip, aching hip is more like it. "Joe none of your business" I retorted back bitchy.

I felt so good getting dress and walking home with Nick, I was in heaven when he kissed me goodnight, but now I feel like killing my own brother. Which isn't unusual for me at all. I walked past him and he grabbed my arm.

"you either tell me or mom and dad"he threaten, his eyes showing seriousness.

"why do you care Joe? It's none of your business"I said jerking my arm from his hold.

He grabbed the back of my hoodie and I stopped trying to escape.

"I'm your damn older brother and you're my 15 year old baby sister that doesn't have a brain, thats why" he spat. I folded my arms over my chest and glared at him.

"I went to Nick's" I said.

He didn't look surprised he looked mad as fuck. He let go of me and pushed me away from him. I then looked confused as he went upstairs. He mumbled things that I couldn't make out clearly. I pat my pocket for my phone then realized I left it at Nicks. It must've fell from my pocket when I took it off.

"oh shit" I said once I saw Joe come back out of his room pulling a shirt over his head.

"Joe where are you going?" I asked stepping in his way of the door, but he ignored me and pushed me out of his way.

"Joe stop"I whispered as he opened the door.

Pulling on his arm didn't stop him, but Nick standing there with my phone did.

--------------------------------------------------

I woke the night morning barely able to see from my left eye. I'm not going to lie Joe would've kicked my ass last night if it wasn't for me tripping over their porch step and hitting my eye on a flower pot. Now that's what I call an epic fail. I just laid in my bed thinking of a good reason Demi was over my house at two o'clock in the morning.

My mom walked into my room with an ice pack in her hand. She gave it to me and I said thanks.

"So did Joe do this to you or are you lying to me?" She said.

I chuckled at her saying 'r' twice. "no ma, I fell and hit their flower pot. Joe doesn't have a reason to hit me" I lied placing the cold bag on my eye. Flinching because of the sudden coldness to my body.

"what would give him a reason to hit you then?" She asked.

"sleeping with Demi" I blurted out.

She was annoying me with all her questions. Mom then glared at me and shook her head.

"Demi is a very sweet girl, I hope she doesn't fall your 'bad boy' ways" she told me putting air quotes around bad boy.

I rolled my eyes, well tried to anyway.

"yea mom, whatever" I said.

She scuffed and got up.

"I'm telling your father on you. So disrespectful" she said.

"mom I'm sorry, it's just my eye hurt"I said.

She waved her hand at me and walked out. Women. My phone then vibrated in the sheets of my bed that still smelled like Demi. Man that girl is amazing and I can't believe she let me take her virginity. Recovering my phone from the sheets I smiled, but it slowly disappeared once I saw the name of the person texting my phone. Liam.

(Three more days bro)

That was all it read. Shit I forgot to call him and tell him the bet was over. I got out of my bed and grabbed a shirt from the floor. Smelling to see if it was ok I threw it over my head. I put my shoes on walked out of my room.

"dad can I use the car?" I ask peeking inside the livingroom.

"The gas better back"he said while reaching into his pocket.

He threw me the keys and I walked into the kitchen. "mom can I borrow twenty bucks, my check didn't come in this week"I said kissing her on the check. She gave me that look and rolled her eyes.

"what's the point of having a job if you still ask me for money Nick?"she asked.

I grabbed the bill from her hand and winked. "thanks ma"I said leaving out of the garage door.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

COMMENT. FAN. VOTE.