Chapter 9

Unedited!

Photo of The Rayo Do Pack Village at the top!

Chapter 9

"The ache for home lives in all of us, the safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned." - Maya Angelou

I carry my beautiful mate through the pack to my house. It's a small building in the middle of the island village.

Like all the homes its by the ocean. Our pack lives on a small island were we make our money off of clamming. It's not much but when you live off of the land and support each other you do not need much.

Although we have several million dollars in stocks and bonds. I honestly do not know much about that because it's the Alphas responsibility. I just know we only dip into it when absolutely necessary. Asher is amazing at making sure we always have money to fall back on during the hard times.

Our pack lives a simple life free from the hustle and bustle of the mainland packs and away from humans. We are protected by our island for the most part it allows us to be free.

We can truly be ourselves here and are able to connect better with our wolves better than any mainland pack because of that. There are no restrictions on when and where you can shift because everywhere is safe.

As we walk through the village I tell my sleepy mate about the buildings we pass and the people in them.

"That's the bakery" I murmur as we pass one building. "I will take you there one morning to get you a muffin."

Looking down at my mate I realize that I know nothing about her. Does she even like muffins?

"Or really any other pastry you want, you do not have to have a muffin. But they are really really really good. Do you like muffins?" I feel my cheeks heat up as I ramble in embarrassment.

Real smooth Solomon.

Looking down at my mate I see a small smile on her lips and she nods her head.

"Few thank the Moon I'm not sure if we could still be friends if you didn't!" I say in the most dramatic voice I can make! Trying to save myself from looking any stupider.

Looking down I see my voice did exactly what I hoped it would. It made her eyes light up just a little bit. When she sees that I am looking she quickly tucks her face back into my chest.

How freaking cute!

Laughing at her I countinue "Anyway Rosa makes the best muffins on the island! I can not wait to take you there and you can meet everyone, they are going to love you as much as you are going to love the food!" She furrows her brows and tenses up when I mention Rosa.

My wolf laughs at her jealousy no one has ever nor would ever catch our interest in the way our little mate has.

Petting her wild hair I try and sooth her she is probably having a hard time understanding her emotions right now. I can not imagine being in her shoes.

"Don't worry little one you are the only one for me, Rosa is old enough to be my grandmother." Face turning red my embarrassed little mate buries her face into my shoulder.

Chuckling I continue the tour but am struck with a little bit of heart ache. If she does not like it here she would have to leave and I will not be able to follow her.

She might be my little piece of the moon but the moon has also created me for this pack with this responsibility. I am one of her children and she has demanded me to do this job. Without it my wolf would go out of control, and my pack would literally die.