Chapter 6

Chapter 6

When Annalisa came home, she was still trembling with fear. Even though she may have escaped the place where the monster was, she didn't feel any better because she knew it was in her home as well. She still couldn't believe what that woman said to her or the fact that another monster was after her. She was so terrified that she couldn't even think straight. All she wanted to do was run far away and never look back.

She played with the golden necklace that rested on her chest as she huddled into the warmth of her sofa, a thin blanket laid across her lap. She glanced around her living room to make sure there wasn't any monsters hidden anywhere.

She couldn't help but feel on edge and uneasy in her home. She tried to avoid coming home but she couldn't hide or run forever. It found her no matter where she was.

She didn't understand why these monsters were targeting her now. What could've caused this? As far as Annalisa was concerned this didn't start until...Her breath caught in her throat as the cold realization hit her. She glanced at the beautiful golden locket in horror. It wasn't until Annalisa was given this golden locket that all of this began to happen. Now I think about it, as soon as I went to that shop Lucinda's Quirky New Discoveries and received this necklace this all began to happen.

Annals remembered that when she saw the necklace she thought it was so beautiful, and it was like she was in a trance. Maybe this necklace is cursed but that doesn't explain what the woman and monster meant by someone finding her.

Annalisa's hand found the clip that kept the necklace together, and to her astonishment the necklace wouldn't unhook. She tried again but it wouldn't budge. She began to yank at it. She wanted this necklace away from her neck but it wouldn't come off. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she looked at the necklace. Why is this not coming off? Annalisa wondered in confusion. Using all her strength she yanked at the necklace and surprise, surprise it didn't budge one bit. She decided that she needed to take a visit to that shop again. Maybe the lady would know what to do with this,

Annalisa stood up from the couch, the small blanket fell from her lap. She slid on her black, fluffy boots that was laying discarded by her door. She threw on her white leather jacket and wrapped a scarf around her neck. Grabbing her keys and purse she walked through her door, slamming it behind her. She was going to get to the bottom of this. Something told her that if she didn't there might be some fatal consequences in the future.

______________

She reached the mall after 45 long minutes. She was in such a hurry to visit the shop that caused her this doom. She felt like maybe if the lady finally took this necklace off then she could get back to her normal life that didn't involve creepy phone calls or evil creatures stalking her.

She parked her car and began her journey to find the little shop. Thankfully, it was still in the same place it was when Annalisa came to drop by. She reached the glass doors in no time and began walk inside. As she glanced around everything seemed the same as it was.

It was deathly quiet, it gave Annalisa such unease that she shivered. "Excuse me? Anyone?" She called out, but no one answered. She shoved her hands into her pockets as she walked around the store, hoping to see the blonde woman. Surely if their door is unlocked someone has to be here.

Annalisa stopped in her tracks when she heard low voices coming from the door labeled Employees Only. She walked closer until she was standing right in from of the door. She leaned in until her ear pressed against the wooden door.