Secret Revealed

Disha's POV:

After letting Nick know that I and Shourya are there for him, we went to our room.

In past 2 weeks I realized how much Shourya has changed from being a jerk to a responsible husband and friend. He not only helped me but helped Nick in coming back to normal from grieving.

I thanked Mom Dad every day to trick me into marrying him, I guess they were able to see what I was not.

Even his parents were like angels they showered all their love and care at Nick and me and never let us feel we are not their own children.

I was taking my clothes out from closet to change into night pajamas when something hit me.

I went towards our bed where Shourya was sitting working on his laptop.

"Shourya, do you remember the police officer in Jaipur said that the accident seemed the planned one."

"Yes I do but I don't know why he would say something like that? Do you think your parents were murdered?" He asked putting his laptop aside.

"Actually no I think it was suicide." I replied sitting on the bed close to him. He looked at me in shock.

"Why would you think that?"

"Because my parents were not that old to make a will, and in their ill they have mentioned that since I am married they want to secure Nick's future too now. Which means they created the will after our wedding and its just been a little over a month that we are married. Why would they do that all of a sudden?"

"Yeah that makes sense but why would they do that?"

"I guess we have to find that out."

"What are you suggesting?"

"I want to go home once and see if we can find something."

"Sure when do you want to go?"

"Whenever you have time, you haven't gone to office in two weeks, I understand office need you too." I said and was about to get up from the bed but he pulled my wrist and made me sit back.

"Dishu I always have time for you. Office can wait don't worry and Dad is there too." He said holding my hand and a small smile appeared on my face.

"Thanks Shourya for everything you have been doing for me and Nick." I said to him tightening my hold to his hand.

"Hey please Dishu don't say thanks and all, we are family." I loved to hear that from him, yes we indeed are a family.

I entered my parents house with Shourya, I had no idea what I was looking for and from where to start but we decided to look into their room first.

We rummaged through their room their documents which were mostly business documents, that's when I found 2 files in a locked drawer in mom's closet. I remembered Mom used to put all important things in that drawer and I knew where she used to keep the key so I used it to open it.

I opened the first file and it had some old pictures of me and Nick, some old drawings we made as kids. There were some achievement certificates like my first dance participation certificate when I was in first grade, Nick's Football certificate etc. we looked at them for what seemed like hours, we forgot what we came for and got lost in the memory lane.

Then we opened the second file and the first thing that caught my attention was a document, it was an adoption certificate with my name printed on it along with my parents name. My hand started shivering, Shourya took the document from my hands and read it. He hugged me real tight.

"Dishu, it doesn't really matter. They loved you like anything and you know that." He said to me and I knew he was right.

"I know but they could have told me. Why did they hide it, it wasn't like I was going to look for my birth parents, I don't care. They were and always will be my parents." I said sobbing.

"Great that you know it. Now let's see what else we have in here." He said handing me the file again.

I nodded and looked in the file again, there was another similar document with Nick's and my parents name on it, which meant Nick was adopted too just like me.

I looked at Shourya and he patted my shoulder encouraging me to keep looking through the file.

There were few other business related documents, a copy of their will and a key. I never saw that key before and had no idea where it belonged.

We looked a little more but didn't find anything and then left for home.