The wedding

Disha's POV:

It was only three days left for the wedding and I took 2 weeks off from my office starting today, that's the best I could get since I am heading 2 of the biggest projects our company handles.

Today was the mehandi and sangeet function, our parents planned all the ceremonies together hence both groom and bride side relatives and friends were made to stay in the same hotel as the ceremonies were supposed to take place.

I was getting ready in my hotel room when Rhea came in. She squealed in excitement.

"Oh my god Disha. You are looking so beautiful. Shourya is going to forget his name."

"Shut up and help me with this dupatta."

"Oh sorry. Let me fix it for you."

"Thanks"

"Disha I am so happy for you. Oh My God I don't believe you are getting married."

I smiled at her, I knew she was happy like everyone else. I was not sure what I was feeling so I decided to only reply with a smile to everyone who talked about it.

Soon I was called to enter the hall where all the family and guests were waiting. I walked into the hall with the help of Rhea. I saw him sitting on one of the two big chairs placed at the center of the hall.

He was dressed in a blue sherwani kurta and pajama looking very dashing. His perfect smile was decorating his face even more.

He was surrounded by his friends including Rohan and some of his cousins.

He looked at me and our eyes locked for a brief second before I looked down.

Shourya's POV:

I looked at her entering the hall, she looked like an angel, a beautiful angel dressed in a Plush green saree and a Red dupatta covering her head. She was made to sit beside me. I wanted to hold her hand, kiss her. But I shrugged the thought since it will be weird.

The mehendi artist came and took her hands in their hands. They started put mehendi on her hands. Her cousins and my cousins were all dancing on various songs but I seldom paid attention, all my attention was on the beautiful angel sitting beside me.

Disha looked happy, she was smiling and enjoying the dance performances her cousins were performing.

Suddenly I heard Rhea and Rohan announcing Disha's name for a dance performance. I looked at her surprised. She looked at me and winked. 

She walked gracefully to the stage with her hands half painted with mehendi. the song started Navrai Majhi, Rhea and one of Disha's sisters started the performance welcoming Disha on the stage.

As soon as she entered the stage the song changed to  Nachde ne saare. She danced so beautifully that I was mesmerized by her moves. By the end of her performance my jaw was on the floor.

When her dance was about to end our friends and cousins dragged me to the stage too to dance with her and suddenly the music changed to a slow song Tum hi ho.

I held her by her waist hesitantly and she placed her hands on my neck shyly. Thankfully her henna was dry by now. 

We didn't look at each other in eyes, although I wanted to but it was all too new and sudden for both of us especially her. We both looked everywhere but each other.

After the awkward dance performance we went back to where we were seated earlier and our families did some more dancing before the evening was called off.