Talking to Friends

Disha's POV

That night the dinner was weird, at least for me. Our parents were too happy about discussing the wedding. Nikhil took Shourya to his room to talk about something. I knew why Nikhil wasn't happy about my decision.

Nikhil knew how much I used to like Shourya before he turned into a complete jerk. He knew how it took me a long time to accept that he was changed and that I can only be his enemy by taking revenge on his pranks.

I went into the kitchen, poured some juice for myself when Shourya's Mom came to me.

"Disha Beta, I am so happy that finally, I will have a daughter like you. Thank you beta for agreeing to marry my stupid son. I know he can be a handful to handle at times but I know he admires you and only you can control him."

"Ummm I don't know about the last part auntie, I don't want to control him. And please don't embarrass me by saying thanks." I smiled awkwardly.

"Beta Please call me Mom, you are my daughter now."

"Oh Okay, Mom. Please don't say thanks."

She talked to me about a few minutes and then we walked out of the kitchen when I saw Nikhil and Shourya coming down the stairs laughing playfully with each other. I was surprised how come Nikhil is all happy now.

Nikhil's POV:

I was surprised thinking why Disha Di said yes to marry Shourya, she hate him for all the pain he gave her. I never expected her to agree to this, I like Shourya and know that he is not a bad person after all but still I think they both dislike each other and I don't want my sister to be forced into something she doesn't want to do.

But after I talked to Shourya I understood one thing that no matter how much Shourya had teased and irritated Di but somewhere inside his heart he always cared. I know Di always missed their friendship and hearing to Shourya I feel its the best for Di since she won't find a better friend then Shourya.

And I know how that Mukul looks at her, I don't like him. It is not that he did something to make me feel that way but somehow I never get a good vibe from him and I don't want him near my Di.

Disha's POV:

After the dinner I came to my room, it was already 11:30 PM, I changed into my pajamas and was about to doze off when my phone rang. It was Rhea.

"Hey Rhea"

"Hey Disha, How was dinner?"

"Huh? You called me to ask that?"

"Ummm no actually I called to ask something else."

"What is it?"

"What do you think about Rohan?"

"WHAT? Why are you asking me about Rohan?"

"Umm Disha, I think I like him."

"What? What? How? When?"

"Calm Down please will you? I went out tonight after work with colleagues to a club and I saw him there dancing with a girl and don't know why but I felt so jealous that I went to the dance floor and deliberated stomped on his foot with my heels. He was hurt very bad. That's when I realized."

"Interesting. I never thought you will have a feeling for that jerk."

"He is not a jerk anymore Disha. You know I didn't tell you but the other day when you left for the office early and I had to take the bus alone. When I was standing at the bus stop waiting for the bus, an ugly indecent man was trying to touch me. Don't know how but Rohan was there and he stood between me and the man and gave the Man a weird look that the man ran away. He protected me that day."

"Hmmm well, of course, I know he and Shourya can be the biggest jerks on earth but they can never be heartless or indecent to a girl."

"Tell me Disha, do you think he would feel the same way?"

"Well, we need to find that out. I can ask Shourya for help if you want?"

"You will ask Shourya? How can that happen?"

"Ummm... Well... Something happened tonight."

"What? What happened? Don't tell me you also like Shourya? I knew it."

"Wait What? I don't like him okay. You know how our parents are age-old friends with each other and business partners too. Tonight they threw a bomb on both of us that they want us to marry each other."

"WHAT? WHAT DID YOU SAY?"

"Yes, you heard it right. I was so stupid that I committed my parents that I will do as they say before even asking about the guy they want me to marry. Shourya and I talked about it, and he told me he will change and stop being a jerk if I say Yes. I don't know why he said this but I felt its better to say yes to him than to some lunatic stranger."

"Hahaha Oh My god. I can't believe. It's going to be one hell of a marriage."

"Shut up and stop laughing. We both agreed to our parent's wish but I am not sure how this will end up."

"Don't worry at least we both know Shourya always cared for you."

"Yeah Right, and that's why he always mess with me."

"Oh come on, it's not as if you don't play pranks on him. Remember how you embarrassed him the other day in the cafe when you spilled the water on his pants and shouted 'Haw Shourya, you are still a child, you could have told us and excused yourself rather than peeing in your pants'."

"Hahahha Yeah that was hilarious. That look on his face, I will never forget."

"So just chill now and let things happen on its own since you already agreed to the wedding. By the way, on the other hand, it's a great way to keep taking your revenge everyday being his wife." Riya said and winked.

We laughed and hung up after talking for a few minutes.

As I was about to put my phone on the side table I saw there was a message from Shourya.

[Sweet Dreams Sweetheart]

I was shocked to see his message. Did he just call me sweetheart? Why is he acting weird suddenly, it not even a day we agreed. I didn't reply to him but kept staring at the message for god know how long until I fell asleep.