Holding Up

Nikhil's POV:

I was shattered when I saw my mom and Dad passing away in front on my eyes. When Di and Jiju went to police station and I was sitting in the room with my dead parents I remembered all the good times we spent together as a family and how mom dad would always ask me to be more responsible for the times when I will live alone on my own.

Then I suddenly remembered how they both were acting weird before leaving with Shourya's parents, I thought they were stressed out because of Shourya Jiju's uncle's health as they were good friends. They way they were telling e to be a good boy and do as Di says, they packed pretty much all my stuff as if I am leaving the house saying they don't know what I might need.

I cried remembering everything and soon fell asleep due to dryness and tiredness in my eyes. When I woke up Di and Jiju were already back from the hospital and completed the discharge formalities. We took mom and dad to Shourya Jiju's house in Delhi.

Mehra uncle auntie were already there, they hugged me and Di as soon as we got down the car in which we came from Airport to home.

"We are very sorry beta, if we knew something like this would happen we would never let them leave without us." Auntie said.

"Mom why did they left from Jodhpur and went to Jaipur? They didn't inform us they were going there, do you have any idea?" Di asked Auntie to which she shook her head saying no.

When we reached home it was already 7:00 PM so it was decided to perform the last rights tomorrow morning. We all sat in their living room with our Mom Dad laying inside a glass freezer.

Di was not crying anymore rather she was busy meeting with people who came to pay their last regards to our parents and she was busy helping Jiju preparing for the last rituals.

When it was time to perform the last rights I was asked to do so but I wasn't comfortable doing it alone, after all they were Di's parents too. Why was she not allowed to do the rights? Just because she was a girl and our mythology prefers the sons to do the right doesn't mean a daughter can't do it.

I went to Di and asked her to perform the rights with me.

"Di we both should do it as they were both our parents. I cant do it alone." I said holding her hand and pulling her with me.

Di looked at Shourya Jiju who gave her assuring nod and she too performed the duties with me.

It's been 2 weeks since our parents died we were so busy these past couple weeks with paying our regards to our dead parents, sending off the relatives who came to do so.

Finally today we got a chance to sit peacefully. All this time Shourya Jiju and his parents became our biggest strength.

I was laying in my bed when Di and Jiju came to my room.

"Nikhil are you sleeping brother?" Di asked in a low voice.

"No Di tell me.'' I sat up on my bed to make space for Di and jiju to sit. They both sat on either side of the bed facing me.

"Nikhil we need to talk to you about few things, Mom Dad left a will according to which the house and half of their share goes to you but they want you to first finish your studies, graduate and then join Shourya and his dad in business." Di said and I looked at her in disbelief.

"Di why are you telling me all of this? You know I don't care. I just need you and Jiju now that Mom Dad wont be there with me." I said and a lone tear escaped the corner of my eye.

Jiju hugged me this time instead of Di.

"Nikhil we know you don't care but we want you to know you don't have to worry a thing, your Di and I will take care of everything till you are old enough to take care of things on your own. We want you to go to the college of your choice and study, have a few girlfriends and live life like other teenagers." Jiju said the last part winking at me trying to lighten the mood.

"Really Shourya few girlfriends? My brother is not like you. He will be one woman man. Right Nick?" Di asked me glaring at Jiju.

"What do you mean he is not like me? You think I had number of girlfriends?" Jiju asked folding his arms across his chest.

"You think I will believe you if you will say you had none?" Di retorted.

"No I had only 1 okay but after a few weeks she started nagging too much and became obsessed so I broke up and never dared to get into any other relationship." Jiju admitted smiling sheepishly while rubbing his neck.

They both are adorable I thought.

"Di are you jealous that Jiju had a girlfriend before marrying you?" I asked Di winking at Jiju. He responded with a smile.

"Nick Are you my brother or his?" Di asked me faking anger.

I and Jiju we both laughed at this reaction of her. She kept looking at her with a smile on her face and a tear in her eyes.