Breathing Again

Can returned to the hut distraught. Feeling like his future was unknown again. He said everything he felt he could and knew she needed time to take it all in. He would give her as much time as she needed but knowing her wedding to Yigit was in the near future was killing him. He just needed to go for a run and let out all of the tension that built up in him since baring his heart out to her that morning.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Sanem had spent the day contemplating what to do next. How would she respond? What would she even say? She loved him more than anything and would love him forever, but would it be enough? Had they really been meant for one another or had been trying to tell them something else?

Sanem's time without Can made her stronger. She felt confident at work and knew when to walk away from a situation where she could be childish. She had grown up. Sure she could have easily told off Huma and Polen but new Sanem had decided let them be. She couldn't change what happened between her and Can. Their negative words didn't mean anything to her any longer.

Sanem would have stayed with Can forever if given the opportunity. She loved him despite every bad thing that has ever happened to them. He was the one for her. She needed him to know that. Regardless of what happens in the future. She was going to let him know how she felt one last time.

_____________________________________________________________________

Can returned from his run thinking over what happened at the rocks. He wanted to know what Huma and Polen had said to Sanem but didn't want to deal with the confrontation tonight. He didn't know how much more he could take emotionally. Emre called to see if he wanted to meet up for a drink. Can agreed. He had to get Emre's advice on how to move forward. Can arrived at the bar and gave Emre a summary of his conversation with Sanem.

Emre: Well that was quick. I would have thought you would wait a few days since coming back but you really went for it. Can, you really said all of that?

Can: I had to. I royally screwed up and she is the one for me. I want to marry her, be the father of her children, and grow old together.

Emre: Wow, don't let mom her. Her head might fall off.

Can: Yes, I'm going to talk to her sometime this week and end this. Her behavior is the very reason I didn't forgive her in the first place.

Emre: I know, look I don't want to leave like this but I promised Deren I would go to some cocktail party and introduce her to some people.

Can: Tamam, enjoy your night. I will be staying at the hut. See you.

Emre: Can, I'm proud of you. See you.

__________________________________________________________________

With all of the feelings and emotions in Sanem she decided it was time to go big or not go at all. She went through her closet and pulled out the white dress she wore the night she confessed to Can she loved him. She took a taxi to the hut and waited for him in the grass like she did before. She was going to take a chance.

_________________________________________________________________

Can had returned back to his hut thinking of how she made it a home for him. She made it so special. She was everything. He got out of his car and started walking toward the garden area and was surprised to see a familiar sight. It was Sanem sitting in the grass watching the stars. She was a vision in white almost as if he fantasized her being here. He slowly started walking towards her not knowing if this was real or if his mind was playing tricks on him.

Sanem heard his footsteps and looked up at him when he stood beside her looking at her.

She shyly smiled and motioned with her eyes for him to sit down with her.

Sanem: Can you give me 5 minutes? That is, if you will let me.

Can: Of course, of course. But I will admit I'm not sure I'm ready to hear what you have to say. I mean I put a lot on your shoulders today with what happened earlier.

Sanem: Why didn't you mention the perfume?

Can: What? What do you mean?

Sanem: It always came down to the perfume. You didn't say anything about the perfume.

Can: Sanem, when I read your letter, I realized my anger wasn't about your perfume. It was about me feeling like I failed you. I let my jealousy take over when I punched Fabri. I was angry at myself for putting you in that position. I didn't want to admit I couldn't solve the agency's financial problems. I didn't feel worthy of being with you when you had done so much for me that lashing out at you was the culmination of all my stress and insecurities. Please forgive me for that night. I know I don't deserve it but I am asking for it.

Sanem: You're forgiven Can. Please don't worry about that. But Can there is something else...you are wrong about something.

Can: (silently looks down)

Sanem: Can, I'm not with Yigit.

Can: (Can quickly looks up) What do you mean?

Sanem: I only realized when I got home that you were under the impression I am getting married. You do know that it is Leyla who is getting married. Not me.

Can let out a huge sigh and covered his eyes with his hands as if to thank the universe for letting him be so wrong.

Sanem: Can, I want to give this another chance.

Can: (giving his huge grin) Sanem, you have no idea how happy I am to hear that.

Sanem: (looking at him concerned) I told you once that I was scared. I'm still scared-

Can interrupted trying to reassure her: Sanem things will be different this time. I promise you I will never yell at you or say things like that to you ever again. Please believe me.

Sanem: I went through hell loving you. I don't know if I can do it again. I was so in love with you I couldn't believe how lucky I was. Then I betrayed your trust again and again and it was as though I was drowning and life was pushing further under the water. You left and everyone made sure I knew it was because of me.

Sanem was almost in tears at this point. She looked at him lovingly and brought her hands to touch his beard. He brought his hands to hold hers and kissed them. Can closed his eyes holding onto her hands for dear life. He opened his eyes and hugged her breathing in her scent. He missed her touch and wanted to comfort her as well as have her comfort.

Sanem: I would've said yes by the way... to your proposal. I would've said yes when you suggested it at the rocks. I just never want to make you feel like I was changing you.

Can open his eyes with so much hope and broke the hug to look at her.

Can: Really?

Sanem: Of course. I want you to be the only person I marry. You are the only person I love in life. I will stand by you through anything. I will always choose you.

Can: Sanem, I will always choose you. I love you more than myself.

Sanem smiled,"I love you more than myself"

Can looked at her with all the love in his heart and pulled her in for a kiss. It was a kiss between two people whose hearts had never left each other. They belonged to each other. 

_____________________________________________________________________________

I didn't want to prolong these two making amends. They are perfect for each other. I realize I could've written more but I feel that they didn't need many words to tell each other. They have been through so much together that them being together again seemed simple. Hope you enjoy it. Again thank you for the kind words. I can't tell you how much it means to me.