Growing Up

This is the idea that Sanem wrote Jan a letter and had Emre pack it Can's backpack for his trip to the Balkans. I wanted a way to show that Sanem has grown up and said everything she could without trying to change his mind. This is where Sanem could show her maturity and her love for him in a way that gives him space. This is my first attempt at writing one of these so please don't be too brutal. I love this series and thought I would give it a try:) 

Dear Can,

I am writing to you knowing you will probably not read this letter. I knew if I didn't give it to you, I would regret it for the rest of my life. I wanted to say thank you. I am sure you're making that confused face thinking, "Why is she thanking me?". You should know that since that I first day I met you, you have made me someone I don't even recognize. When you gave me the chance to continue working at the agency, I didn't realize how complacent I was. I was living in a black and white world where I was too afraid to put myself out there. I am so grateful to you for bringing color into my life.

I promise this will be that last time you hear from me. I won't interfere with your life moving forward.

Can, you have the biggest heart and you make others around you brave. You made me brave enough to fall in love you with you. Thank you for teaching me how to love another person in this life. I have felt everything for you and the only time I had ever felt afraid was from of my own doing. I thought I was protecting you and what we could have been, only to see how delusional it all was.

Truth is I knew I lost you right after I found out you were my Albatross. It was all fairytale at first until I became the villain. I let the dream go on too long knowing it would all crash eventually. I've accepted that I am not the one for you and that is okay. You deserve someone who will be brave enough to love you without the mistakes and lies. I'm just sorry I wasn't enough for you.

Please take care of yourself. I hope you get everything you have ever wanted in life because you deserve everything.

Your Sanem