Chapter 8: Kiss Day

Despite of Sanyukta's warmth of hug, Adhir didn't open his eyes. Sanyukta could feel chill running down her nerves. Yes, the boy in arms of Rydam's mother was no other than Adhir. That's the reason of Sanyukta in direction of Keziah.

Sanyukta took Adhir in home. Keziah followed Sanyukta to assure herself Adhir is fine. Keziah help Sanyukta unlatching the door knob with keys. They entered Sanyukta's apartment. Holding her baby boy in her arms, Sanyukta rushed in her room and made Adhir lay on her bed. Sanyukta slid open lower drawer of her dressing table and took out a box of medicines which had a white label - Tablet written in black ink cursively.

Sanyukta took midazolam tablet and dilute in a glass full of water. Sanyukta held Adhir's head with her right palm bringing him up and made him drink medicated water with her left hand. Sanyukta placed his head gently on pillow and let him sleep.

Turning back, Sanyukta noticed Keziah was still there. 'Let's go in living room' Sanyukta eye gestured Keizah. Keziah understood and walked towards the living room. Sanyukta slowly shut the door of her room. Sanyukta walked along and asked Keziah to feel herself comfortable on sofa. Sanyukta entered her open kitchen and opened refrigerator. She took out Tropicana's Orange Pulp Juice and poured into two glass of orange juice. She placed both glasses on tray and walked in living room. She placed the tray on the center table and sat across Keziah.

Keziah took a sip of orange juice. Before Sanyukta could start her questionnaire, Keziah spoke 'Sanyukta. What's wrong with you? I have never seen you unconcerned about Adhir.' Sanyukta lowered her head in a guilt and cursed herself mentally.

'I had a emergency. A delivery emergency. So I've to rush. It's my fault. I forgot keep a note for Adhir' Sanyukta justified herself to Keziah. 'But, Keziah. Where did you find Adhir? How come Adhir is in this state?' Sanyukta added to her justification.

'I don't know how come Adhir is in this state because I, myself found him in this state in a man's arms' 'What? Even you don't know. How is that possible?' Keziah was interrupted by Sanyukta. 'Let me complete.' Keziah requested Sanyukta.

'Listen. I had gone to Paras General Store to return Surf Excel packet as he sent a damaged one at home. While returning, I saw a man sitting on his bike parked outside main gate of complex with Adhir in his arms. I came close to that man and held his collar from back and said - Give me Adhir right away or else I'll shout and call Security Guard. He said - Okay. Please take good care of him. I expected to see his face as I came face to face with him but his face was covered with helmet. He gave Adhir in my arms. As I took Adhir close to me, the man on the bike ignited engine and rode his bike away. Neither I could see him nor I ask his name. What's more stupid? I couldn't take a picture of his bike's number plate' Keziah explained the scene she encountered couple of minutes back in details.

Sanyukta took couple of more minutes to absorb whatever Keziah narrated. Her mind still wonder on facts - Who was that man? How and where did he find Adhir? How did he know address of Adhir? Was he a kidnapper?

'I think I should take a leave' Keziah's words brought Sanyukta back to reality. Sanyukta nodded and guided Keziah to the door. Sanyukta locked the main door once Keziah left. Sanyukta walked towards her room and found Adhir still sleeping.

Sanyukta sat besides him and fondled Adhir's face with her palm. She slowly took Adhir's face between her palms and landed so many kisses all over his face. Only Sanyukta knew, what his baby boy had gone through because of her carelessness. Her mind started building worst scenarios in her head, scaring Sanyukta more. More she imagined worst scenes that could happen to Adhir, more she got scared. More she got scared, more kisses Sanyukta placed on his face, assuring herself Adhir is safe & sound and he is with his mother right now.