Chapter 5: Teddy Day

Next day evening, Adhir stepped into home, tired. Oh that glimpse of Randhir shining over Adhir's face, Sanyukta noticed from open kitchen. 'Oh my baby, what's with this expression?' Sanyukta looked at Adhir who walked across the living room, head lowered. Adhir placed his bag on the table and jumped on the couch. 'Don't even ask mom' Adhir nodded his head innocently. 'But what ...' 'Don't!' Adhir interrupted Sanyukta, facing her with his palms struck out.

'Go. Change your clothes' Sanyukta ordered him. Adhir walked towards his room when Sanyukta's voice invaded 'Take your bag along. Learn to keep everything organized.' 'Later mom' Adhir took his simple clothes that he wore in his home and dashed into restroom. 'Like father, like son!' Sanyukta sighed. She quickly reheated the dinner in microwave and served the food when Adhir in his spiderman printed grey shirt and white boxers sat silently on the chair. Sanyukta placed his plate in front of him. Taking her plate, Sanyukta looked at Adhir, waiting for his reaction. 'No mom no. Why god why?' Adhir tilted his head towards Sanyukta as he complained. 'Eat your food without any complaints' Sanyukta suppressed her giggles.

'Don't you know mom, I hate brinjal. Already I had bad day. Plus this brinjal curry looks so gummy.' Adhir continued with his complain. 'Keep quiet. Complete your dinner' Sanyukta tried holding back her giggles when Adhir gave all sorts of facial expressions expressing his disgust for brinjal.

Sanyukta burst out her laughter when Adhir cutely pouted. 'Stop laughing mom' Adhir blow up his face, arms folded across the chest. 'You look so hilarious.' Sanyukta pinched his left cheeks. 'You know what happened today?' Adhir decided to open himself to his mom. Sanyukta took Adhir's plate, torn up chapati (homemade round shaped flat bread), soaked in brinjal curry and brought the morsel in front of Adhir's mouth.

Adhir took a bite offered by his mom and began 'Yesterday Shlok brought a five inch soft plush blue colored cotton stuffed teddy bear from the money he saved in his piggy bank. Today Shlok gifted the same to Mahi. Mahi was all 'awww' with Shlok's teddy bear until Shubham gifted Mahi fifteen inch soft pink colored cotton stuffed teddy bear. Mahi literally threw away Shlok's teddy bear and hugged oversized teddy bear given by Shubham in front of Shlok. Shlok cried, cried and cried in the bathroom. It was so difficult to handle a cry baby like him. Finally. I searched for Shubham and kicked hard on his bump when he was inviting Mahi for party he organized on 13th February. I walked away, acting innocent. Shubham wondered whether it was ghost' 

I'm so much sorry for a very delayed update. Just like the chapter title, I promise I don't prolong update for the longest.