Chapter 4: Chocolate Day

Adhir stepped out his room and placed the ring on the table. He searched for his bag which he had randomly throw off on the sofa. Adhir took out the large sized greeting card. Opening the card, Adhir placed it vertically besides the plate.

As the microwave beeped, Adhir unbuttoned his school shirt and folded in half. With the help of his shirt, Adhir took out hot coffee mug and placed on the plate having ring. The moment Adhir placed the ring on the brownie made in mug, Sanyukta stepped inside the house unlocking the door.

An untidy living room, messed kitchen, switched on microwave. Not to forget shirtless Adhir standing besides the dining table with lowered head, pressed lips and muddle face. 'Adhir' Sanyukta yelled over him and added 'What is all this? Adhir, I am already tired. Instead of helping me, you simply increased my house chores.' The large sized caught Sanyukta's attention. She walked towards Adhir. Adhir anticipated a slap which didn't happen to his surprise.

Sanyukta picked up her engagement ring placed over brownie and gave a deathly stare to Adhir. Sanyukta giggled mentally looking at his baby. 'So, my baby made brownie for me' Sanyukta grabbed spoon and digged into brownie. 'Yes, yes.' Adhir looked at Sanyukta. Sanyukta forwarded spoon full of brownie to him.

'Where's ring?' Adhir looked around for it. 'Here it is!' Sanyukta struck out back of her left palm. Adhir held her palm, taking Sanyukta by surprise. 'I have always been in love with you when you picked me carefully right from my day one in the world full of huddle. Best wife for my daddy. Best mommy. I'd like to give you a second chance to be a girlfriend. My girlfriend, not daddy's. Would you take this chance, mumma?' Adhir proposed Sanyukta.

'My kid talks like a mature man. Yes my bacha, your mommy will always be first girlfriend of your life' Sanyukta kissed back of his hands. Adhir gave a quick peck on her cheeks. 'Go and get fresh. I order your favorite for dinner.' Sanyukta noticed happiness over Adhir's face. 'Chicken Supreme Pizza from Pizza Hut?' Adhir jumped like a kangaroo. Sanyukta nodded in agreement. Adhir rolled himself into his room to get clean and fresh.

Sanyukta ordered Adhir's favorite for the app which was linked to her credit card. Tying a messy bun, Sanyukta engaged herself in task of organizing house. Having a dinner together, they were off to sleep.

Next day, Sanyukta surprised Adhir as she made chocolate crepe and hot chocolate for breakfast. Adhir didn't share his lunch box with his friends at school as his mommy packed chocolate sandwich for him.Sanyukta helped Adhir celebrating chocolate day.