Horrid Dreams & Return of an Old Enemy

Start from the beginning

Upon failing to go to sleep multiple times, Finn finally sighs in defeat, and just stands up, looking up at the sky. "Jake I hope your still alive when I find you," He said to himself as he looked down in sadness, and began to slowly walk away towards a small tree that was located not far from Ice King and Flame Princess. As Finn walked slowly through the grass, and passed Flame Princess's spot, the young queen's ear twitched, causing her to slowly wake up and notice Finn just in time as he sat down on the hill where the small tree was located and looked up at the stars. Flame Princess looked a bit worried, it had been 4 hours, and Finn was still not asleep, something must have been wrong.

"Hey are you alright?" she finally spoke getting Finn's attention. "Oh sorry Phoebe I didn't mean to wake you." Finn said with a smile as he looked back in her direction, as she got back up on her feet. "Finn its late in the night, why aren't you asleep?" the young queen couldn't help but ask as she approached him before putting a hand on his shoulder, and falling to her knees right next to him, here eyes completely staring into his light blue glowing eyes. "I can't sleep FP, I've been trying, and trying, I just can't get any sleep." Finn answered as he sighed with annoyance, realizing that his lack of sleep was actually taking a toll on his as well, as he was currently not getting any where when it came to sleep. "Don't worry about me FP," Finn then stated as he held her hand that was still on his shoulder, "I'll fall asleep sooner or later." He then added with a huge smile, only to sigh and add, "I hope." Flame Princess just stared at Finn, for a second, then blushed as she rubbed her arm, "You know Finn, It is rather cold out here, and maybe because of your element, it might be responsible for preventing you from sleeping." A smile soon went across her face, as she then placed her hand on his shoulder again, as Finn looked up at her, with a look of surprise. Could she have been asking him what he thought she was, he just had to know. "Finn if you want, you could fall asleep on me if you want," Finn was speechless, "I don't know Flame Princess, what if it doesn't work." Finn was silenced by Flame Princess's finger to his mouth, "This will work Finn, just trust me." Finn didn't resist, as he slowly lowered his head on to Flame Princess, his head now resting completely on her chest, her arms wrapped around his head, holding him in place.

Finn couldn't even say anything, he was just so shocked, that he was actually resting his head on his ex-girlfriend's chest, while at the same time being cuddled by her. The best part of this whole thing to Finn was that he still couldn't feel any forms of pain from Flame Princess's body, just like back in Malian Temple, Finn then looked up at Flame Princess, who just looked down at him, and smiled. "Thanks Phoebe." Finn stated with a huge smile, as he later found himself, drifting off to sleep, due to the warmth of her body, and before he knew it, he was at last asleep in the arms of his ex-girlfriend.

Seeing Finn sleeping in her arms, made Flame Princess smile, as her cheeks grew even more red, she then turned to look at Ice King who was still asleep on the hill that was next to them. Ice King was sleeping like a baby, and was constantly snoring during his slumber, Flame Princess then looked back down at Finn, and gave him a small kiss on his forehead, leaving a small black burn mark on his grey skin. "Good night Finn." she then said in her final words as she yawned and fell asleep herself, with Finn still in her arms.

-Dream-
Flame Princess woke up in a large field, that was filled with flowers and trees, the sky was a beautiful ocean blue, while she looked around, she saw Ice King and Finn talking on what appeared to be a small hill in the distance, her eyes went wide open, when she noticed that FInn was no longer in his elemental form, but instead was in his human form, Flame Princess became excited, as she stood back up only to discover she was no longer in her queens armor, but was instead in a red and orange dress, her hair was once again in a pony tail, as before she often kept her hair free, to the point, it went down to her back. Flame Princess quickly walked over to Finn, and Ice King with a huge smile on her face.