Where There's Smoke There's Fire

-On the way to Mount Coralious-

While making their way up Mount Coralious, Ice King stood his distance away from the young Fire Queen, who did not said anything during the trek. In fact the duo had to end up fighting their way through a ton of Electrified soldiers that appeared to have occupied the Island. Though Ice King had defeated some of the warriors with the use of picking up what objects he could find on the ground, most of the fighting was done by the young powerless Flame Princess. Despite being powerless, both elemental beings were still able to hold their own, even without their powers being active, which indeed though well hidden was a huge shocker to both the elderly wizard and young Fire Queen.

As the two had just made their way through what was left of the destroyed Mines, Flame Princess looked back and noticed how far away Ice King was following, this made her somewhat annoyed, but at the same time concerned. "You know you don't have to be that far from me, your not one of them ya know?" Ice King didn't say anything, at first as he climbed over a huge pile of rocks, and stopped taking a deep breath after having to climb over huge piles of boulders in order to keep up with the young Princess, "I don't know how you kids can do all of this moving about." He said partially out of breath, but then looked at her and shook his face giving her a waved hand saying. "No I'm fine right here kid, go on I'll just slow ya down." Flame Princess gave Ice King a look revealing that she didn't believe a single word that came out of the wizard's mouth, but this look was not of hostility or rage, but it was in fact of concern, as the memory of her stabbing the electric soldier in the torso and her finishing the electrical being off by throwing him into a bog where he slowly died of an electrical explosion. "Look, I know I did wrong, I shouldn't have killed him there is no excuse for that, as you said before this is not how Royals act, but, he was responsible for the death of my mother, Ice King, you would have done the same if someone you loved died by the hands of this guy. I may have a huge explosive temper, but I'm not as scary as you think." She said as a start in hopes of convincing Ice King to start walking alongside her. "Please, just start walking closer to me, I won't hurt you." She offered, as Ice King looked at her nervously. Ice King didn't move, but did say "Listen I understand that was your mother, and yes he did deserved to be punished, but it shouldn't have been you to pass the judgement, what would she say, if she found out you acted that way?" Flame Princess became horrified by the question, "Exactly, she wouldn't like that, she would be sad tossing back in her now watery grave, knowing that her daughter, the one that she loved for so long and the one she tried to protect from the clutches of your father, was slowing transforming not only into him, but into your watery boyfriend as well." Normally Flame Princess would lose her temper, and react with anger, but this time, she didn't react instead she looked down in shame and cover her face, realizing that Ice King is right, as long as she has a bad anger problem, she will one day be the daughter that her father wanted, and worst, end up like Finn.

"Your right, I am turning into both my father, and my boyfriend." She stated as a dried put out Lava tears started to form, while she looked at her put out hands, and clenched them into fists, before placing them both on her head. "What am I going to do?" At this point Ice King no longer felt afraid, and slowly but cautiously started to make his way toward the young queen and said, "Look kid, don't get me wrong, I was just as upset when that jerk mocked and insulted what he had done, but revenge will never bring your mother back." He then has the courage to place his hand on her shoulder, as she turned to look at the elderly wizard.

"But you can make her smile upon you from beyond the grave, by showing her that you will never be like your father, and that you are better than him, and that you can also be your own person, without him having to claim control over you." Flame Princess wiped a tear from her face, and said, "I know, but Its not easy." Ice King continued to speak, at this point he had lost all fear about the young Flame Princess, and said "Oh yes you can, you were able to do it, when you defeated your father and claimed the throne of your Kingdom before all of this happened, you did it once, you can do it again." Flame Princess did some thinking, as she remembered the Red Throne Incident, and when she was able to reclaim her rightful place as queen of the Fire Kingdom, "Being Queen of the fire Kingdom, is just enough to make your mother happy." Ice King was quick to point out as he just smiled, as Flame Princess couldn't help but smile back, in a way, even though the elderly Wizard has been shown to be annoying at times, she did appreciate when he at least tried to resolve the situation, even if the situation wasn't caused by him at all.