Chapter 45 - Laugh

I'm going to skip the final exam for simplicity reasons, hope you dont mind!

You sat at your desk, face down and thinking about your most recent events.

Everyone else was casually preparing for the morning while you were trying not to turn into the human verson of a cherry tomato. Then there was a tap on your desk.

You looked up and saw the females of your class.

"Hey, Y/n, are you ok?" Ochako asked.

"Yea, why?" You asked calmly.

"Well you seemed a bit red, we were worried you might be sick." Tsu replied.

You sat up quickly.

"Red? I'm not red, its nothing." You said quickly.

You then realized your mistake to late.

"Are you hiding something?" Mina asked with a sly smirk.

"Ooh! Maybe Y/n has a crush!" Hagakure joined in.

"I almost wanna cry at how accurate that is."

"Y/nnnn, you like someone and didn't tell me about it?"

"I didn't tell you because its not true." You deadpanned.

"Oh."

The other girls shrugged and walked off to talk to others before class started but Ochako stayed.

"So, Y/n, do you want to come to my house, I'm having a bit of trouble studying for the exam." She asked

"Ok, sure."

.

.

"Well, this is it! I think my parents will be back later, so what should we study first?" Ochaco asked.

"Well, I think first we should study in the book to page 136, then take a break." You responded, sliding off your bag near her bedroom door.

"That sounds good!" She agreed.

With that, she sat at her desk, and looked up at you.

"Come on! We can share the seat if you dont mind"

You blinked, "No, that's fine."

You sat with her and opened the textbook. You also pulled out your notebook and also read the various information that you had carelessly scribbled earlier that day.

You barely focused on the passing of time as you repeatedly drilled the words of the book into your mind.

"Y/n" Ochaco's voice called.

You snapped out of your trance and looked her in the eye.

"Its been a few hours, do you want to take a break?"

You swiftly checked the time and, indeed, it had been a few hours.

"Oh yea." You spoke.

The girl stood next to you and left the room, you following.

"Do you want a drink?" She asked, holding up a silver packet.

"Whats that?" You asked with a slight tilt tonyour head.

"Juice, want some?"

You nodded and took the packet. It was strange, you were used to juice being in a cardboard or plastic box.

Stabbing a hole in the packet you gingerly sipped at it. You felt your eyes grow and mood instantly lift as the subtly sweet drink washed over your tastebuds.

In a meer second you had demolished it.

"Ehh??" Ochaco let out a confused noise.

"I need more." You demanded with seemingly glowing eyes.

Your demand was quickly met as you were handed a few more juice packets. Soon, you had finished them all and sat back in a chair with a satisfied sigh.

"Have you never had those before?" She asked.

"No, I don't really have time to explore things like that."

After that it was silent until Ochako spoke up again.

"So, Y/n, are you ticklish?"

"I'm not sure, why?"

"Well, the way you phrased your sentence made it seem like you didnt really have a childhood, and when I was younger my parents would always tickle me." She replied, stepping closer to you.

"Well.. I missed out on a lot of my childhood." You said grimly.

"Then we can make up for it now!"

"Huh?"

"Starting with finding out if your ticklish!"

"W-Wait! Ochaco-!" Before you could finish, she had leapt onto you, hands reaching for your sides.

A strange and overwhelming feeling filled your chest and uncontrollable bursts of air left your lungs resulting in something you hadn't done in years.

You laughed.