Twenty Eight.

Jasmine.

"C'mon, babe, you look sexy!" Cole smiles brightly at Tamara who was quick to voice her disagreement.

"I look like a whale."

"You look like a sexy whale...?" He chuckled when she told him to fuck off, and then she quickly asked about me. The grin on his face only widened when he turned around in his seat to face the camera of his phone to me, and I was met with the sight of a pretty flustered Tamara.

"Hey, Jasmine!" She waves into the phone, her dark, curly hair wasn't resting on top of her head in a massive bun like it used to in high school, but now it's out, some matted against her forehead, and the rest just out and about, reaching just under her chest.

"Hey, T." I smile, gushing at how gorgeous she looks, despite her feeling like a whale. She's glowing beautifully. "You look so fucking beautiful! How you been?"

"Fine until I felt like I was going to have an aneurism. He is relentless." She groans, resting her hands on her ginormous belly that's protruding through her shirt.

"I'm sorry. Did you say he?" Cole pursed his lips when Tamara slapped her hand over her mouth.

Liam looked at me through the rearview mirror, and I grimaced at the sound of Cole's voice. "Baby, I'm so sorry—it slipped out!"

"We're having a boy?" I didn't have the luxury of seeing her face because he put the phone back in front of him, I guess to make their conversation a little more private.

     There were a number of different hushed whispers, and Liam and I shared a look a few times. A small smirk tugged at Liam's lips when he caught wind of what Cole was saying, but I didn't get the chance to hear.

     My eyes drifted over to Liliana who was sleep in her car seat, her head was thankfully still upright, and she didn't look like she'd have a hell of a crick in her neck when she wakes. Before her nap, she was rapping the lyrics of my man, Kendrick, bobbing her little head to the beat, and entertaining us all. Cole decided to record her, and post it, and she immediately got a shit ton of likes.

     It's fair to say I was a bit agitated with my baby being all over the internet, but what the hell, I can't control everything.

     "Precious, don't cry. Baby—"

     "I'm sorry, Cole," she sniffs over the phone, and I can only imagine her holding a box of tissues close to her, "I just ruined the whole experience for you—I knew you wanted to find out when I give birth..."

     Her words started to turn into a jumbled mess as she continued to cry harder, and forming words became a chore. Cole tried to cut her off, but she was deep in her feelings.

     "Were you emotional with Liliana?" Liam arches a brow, forcing me to look up into the mirror, only to smile when I saw the ginger curls of his hair flying everywhere due to the window being rolled down slightly.

     "Yes...problem?" I challenge him, tilting my head to the side, and he shakes his head, letting his eyes focus back on the road.

     "As long as you're draped over me, you can be a crying mess all you want."

     "Fuck you." I roll my eyes, turning to look out the window, but the smile was still on my face.

Throughout the entire drive to California, my eyes kept traveling from my 'promise' ring to my man's face, and every time we caught each other's gaze in the rearview mirror, we both smiled sheepishly. Like two stupid fucking twenty-two year olds madly in love.