Eight.

A/N: Slow beginning chapters, but I promise there's much more drama to come.

Standing outside of Generations Hall, we both look at the horrid outward, run-of-the-mill appearance. If I didn't look up how it was on the inside through google, I probably would have run far away from this atrocity.

     The three of us—Liliana, Liam, and I—stand there, taking in the exterior before I close my eyes tightly, my entire body tensing because of an overly-cheery, borderline nasal voice.

     "Hello!" We all snap our attention to a tall, slim woman with a neat bun. Not a hair out of place as she walks up, her low heels clacking against the concrete.

     Looking at her from top to bottom, her legs are never ending, almost stick like. Her torso is fairly long as well, and she's top heavy. Very top heavy. The binder pushing her breasts up just makes her appear even bustier.

     Then we reach her excited face. A lip splitting smile smacked across her thin, pink lips as she makes her way over to us. "Y'all must be the family! Hi'ya, I'm Iyanla." She holds out her hand, bypassing me and going straight to Liam.

I guess this trend will never end.

     When she shakes his hand, her blue eyes pop out even more, false eyelashes raising to almost touch her eyebrows. "Oh. My God. You're—oh, I'm sorry, I've lost my professionalism." Her voice is perky. I've always hated perky.

     "It's alright, baby—" My eyes snap to his smiling face when I hear the word leave his lips. Are you serious right now? I stare at him, my lips pursed as he flatters her, turning her hand over to kiss the back of it.

The son of a bitch has a girlfriend.

     'It's alright, baby.' I mock him in my head, while glaring at him on the outside—on behalf of his lovely girlfriend, Portiana Mandela.

"You're the quarterback," she sighs in admiration, pulling her hand back reluctantly. If I was her, I wouldn't want to pull my hand away from those plump lips either. "Jesus! It's the quarterback." Her smile is wider than the legs of other girls that he's had sex with.

     Liliana clears her throat, looking up at the woman that must seem like a giant compared to her. "Good afternoon to you too," She says sarcastically, but covering it up with a smile.

That's my little girl!

     The lady looks down and her jaw drops in awe. "Good Lord, you are a cutie! Is this your daughter?" She looks at me, holding out her hand to shake. "Sorry, I'm forgetting my manners. Iyanla."

     I give her a once over before shaking her hand unwillingly. "Jasmine," I don't like extremely happy people, they give me the shakes. "I heard your name the first time."

     Her smile never faltered, but she did pull back pretty quickly. I held in my smirk. "Well, is she your daughter? She's gorgeous." She looks between me and Liliana, searching for our similarities, which are little to none. Then, she looks from Liliana to Liam and her eyes widen tremendously.

Bingo.

She's all that sexy piece of a man's—

     I've grown to hate my conscience, as stated before. But, I figured out this new thing: blocking the bitch out. It's a great talent to stumble upon, and I'm grateful I happened to do it.

     Not in the mood to answer questions because I may or may not be in a mood, my reply came off rash. For one, I woke up to Liliana screaming her ass off because Liam was chasing her around the house—yes, he has a house in Louisiana, the rich asshole he is.