Imagine #23 - Ian Somerhalder

**Mention of Self-Harm**

{Walk me home}

It had been a long and stressful day. It had been one of those days where everything just seemed so overwhelming and unbearable; like you were unable to cope and just wanted to give up. A lot of days had been like this and it made it hard to concentrate or do anything at all because your mind was just constantly going round and round and it wouldn't stop. 

Things had just been really hard for you recently and it didn't look like it was going to get any better anytime soon. Right now you were sat alone, on the verge of tears and trying to get some work done while you still had a slither of motivation in you because you knew that it wasn't likely to last long. You began writing but winced as the sleeve of your jumper caught your arm. You had relapsed recently and hated yourself for it; you had been ding so well recently and you felt like this was a major set back for you. No-one knew. You had kept this to yourself, you always had. Someone sat next to you but you were too focused on not crying to look u and see who it was. "Hey." They said. You smiled because you didn't need to look up to know who it was; you knew that voice anywhere. "Hey Ian." You said. You and Ian had been friends for quite a while now and you found that you trusted him more than anyone else. To be honest, he was the only friend that you seemed to have. However, you didn't want to tell him about the self-harm and how you had really been feeling because you were worried that, like everyone else, he would run away and hate you, vowing to never speak to you again if he found out the truth. 

"How come you're sat all alone?" He asked as you closed your notebook. 

"Because I don't have any friends."

"Well, you have me." He stated, making you feel a little bit guilty. He had stopped for a moment before saying; "(Y/n)? What's that." You looked to see him pointing at your arm. You hadn't realised that when your jumper had gotten caught, it had moved up when you had readjusted it and now your cuts and scars where on show and Ian had seen. Quickly, you moved your sleeve down. "It's nothing." You stated, embarrassed. 

"It didn't look like nothing." He said. "(Y/n), how long has this been going on?"

"A while." You said. 

"When didn't you say anything?" 

"Because, I knew that if you found out, you'd leave like everyone else has and I don't think I'd be able to cope because I really value you and our friendship. I was embarrassed and scared that you'd hate me." Now you were crying.

"I could never hate you."

"I'm sorry." You stated, standing up. "I should probably go home."

"Let me walk you home. I don't want you walking by yourself." He smiled, walking next to you. 

The whole way home, you felt safe and cared for. He let you cry and rant about your problems. He really was the best friend anyone could ask for. When you arrived at your house, he walked you to the door. "If you need me, let me know." He smiled before leaning in to kiss your cheek. "I'm always here for you (Y/n)."

"Really?" I asked in disbelief. 

"Always."

________________________________

*A/n* 

Dm's are always open. Please message me if you want to talk about anything at all. I know what it's like to feel alone, hell, I'm alone 24/7. You don't deserve to be. 

Love you guys. You're not alone