Imagine #2 ~ Damon Salvatore

{Prom Night - Part 1}

"This sucks." You said, sitting down of your bed with a tub of Ben and Jerry's, handing another spoon to your best friend, Damon. You were crying. "It would only happen to me." You stated, dipping the spoon in the tub, sad love songs playing in the background.  "Don't beat yourself up about it (Y/n)." He told you, also a tub of ice cream. "He was a dick anyway." You knew that Damon was right. Your boyfriend of two years had just broken up with you, right before prom too. Now, you had no date to take you to prom. 

"Thank you for pointing out the obvious, Damon." You rolled your eyes at him as he smiled. "I just thought that maybe he'd wait till after prom night." You said. "Prom night is tomorrow, Damon! What am I going to do with my dress now?" You pointed at the dress that was hanging across the room. "Where am I going to wear it now?" 

There was silence as the two of you ate the ice cream out of the tub before he stood up off of the bed. You looked up at him. "What are you doing?" You asked as he held out his hand to you. 

"Trying to cheer you up." He said as you took his hand, leaving the tub of ice cream on your bedside table. He pulled you closer to him and turned up the music slightly.  He held you in his arms, making you feel safe. Something rushed through you, when he did this but this wasn't the first time you'd had this feeling around Damon. You couldn't explain what it was. The two of you dance to the next song that came on. "Wow..." You laughed. "You've gotten better dancing." 

"Well, I've learnt a thing or two..."

"Have you been on YouTube again?" You asked him. He hesitated. 

"Yes..." He admitted sighing, making you laugh more. "But I made you laugh and that is the most important thing." You placed your head on his chest as you moved around the room together. You closed your eyes and started to cry again. "Hey..." Damon said, placing his hand on your back, comforting you. "It's okay." He told you as he allowed you to sob. 

"I just thought he was different. I thought he loved me." 

"You are loved." He told you. "You don't need him to show you that, because they are other people that care about and love you, more than he ever could." You looked at him. "Like me." He looked over at the dress on the other side of the room. "You're going to prom." He said as the two of you stopped dancing.

"I can't...."You stuttered. "I don't have a date to go with." Damon looked at you, slightly shocked. "I'm going to take you." He smiled. "And I'm going to make sure it's the best night of your life."