Chapter 2

2 weeks later

Katrina's Pov

Sam's mood has really changed since Abby came home. He actually wants to live again. he has been a little jumpy at noises but he still hasn't gotten over the fact that our daughter was kidnapped out of her own room. I still can't believe that Abby is home. It makes me happy to know that Sam is doing a lot better. And I feel complete now that my daughter is home. But somethings off with Sam. I can feel it.

Abby's Pov

I'm finally home. I can't believe it. every time I see my dad, I want to cry and tell him what happened. But I swore to my Biological dad that I wouldn't tell anyone what happened in that house. I wanted to tell him that I wanted to die. I wanted to tell him that I was raped. I wanted to tell him that I was whipped and attacked by lots of men. But I couldn't. I wasn't strong enough. As I was sitting on the couch staring into space, I heard Mom come downstairs. I snapped my head towards her.

"Hey. Abby, can we talk?" She asked me

"Sure, about what?" I asked her

"Well, I want to know what happened over those five years," She said grabbing my hand

I looked at her. I couldn't tell her. I looked down at my arms. They were covered by a hoodie, but underneath that was years of torture. Words carved into my arms saying words that a young child shouldn't have known. Slut, Dumb, Fat, ugly, Mistake, worthless. I looked at my mother again. She looked back with eyes of concern. I couldn't tell her. I mustn't.

"I-I-I-I cant." I managed to say.

"Why not?" She asked

"I c-can't" I choked

I then bolted upstairs to the bathroom. I slammed the door and locked it. I waited for about an hour before I opened the door. When I opened it Mom was in her room talking to Dad. I could hear her. Colby left the house a few hours ago to go to Jace's house. A new friend he met here. He kind off reminds me of Brennen. I knew he wouldn't be back for a while because I guessed they were going to the bar. I snuck downstairs and to the kitchen. I opened one of the drawers in search of a knife. I found a very sharp knife. I slide up my sleeves and started to reopen the cuts. When I was done with that I slide up my sweatpants and started to trace the cuts there too. I had written help and kill me on them. I grabbed a towel and wiped the blood. I washed the knife and put it back in its drawer. I snuck back upstairs to my room. A few minutes later I heard Sam go downstairs. I didn't think much of it until I remembered something. I left the towel out!! I ran downstairs in the hope he didn't find it. When I reached the bottom He was standing in the kitchen. I stood there. His back was still turned to me. I gulped as he turned around. His face was full of an emotion he had never shown to me. anger. He looked at me. he took a few steps towards me. He stopped about a foot in front of me. He grabbed my arm. I tried to pull it back but he was much stronger than I was. He pulled up my hoodie sleeve. He read my arm. He threw the towel down and grabbed my other arm. He did the same.

"Katrina!" He yelled, "Get down here now!"

I tried pulling my arms away again but he didn't let go. I watched as my mother ran down the stairs. Katrina looked at him. She didn't look happy when she saw me in his grasp and he wasn't letting go. When she saw my arms she was also mad.

"Abigail Grace Golbach, Care to explain?!" She said

I looked at her. My eyes were getting watery. Sam had not let go of me yet.

" I can't," I said sobbing

"Well, why did you do it?" My Dad asked

"It wasn't me okay!" I snapped at him " It was my other dad." I said. Sam let go of my arm.