Chapter 22 | An Unexpected Visit

Warning: None

It was a while till you woke up and when you did you shifted in your bed to turn around. Finally when you were situated, you looked to your right but you didn't only see your father. You saw Peter sitting there with him. He looked like he was taking a nap.

"Dad?" You said quietly as you looked at them. Your father looked up at you and smiled softly "Yeah sweetheart?" He said in response. "How long has he been here?" You asked pointing at Peter who was asleep next to him.

"He's been here for a while. Came a couple of minutes after you fell asleep. He was also worried about you, brought you those flowers next to you on the table." He said pointing at the flowers Peter brought.

You looked over at them and smiled. They were assorted with different types of Roses, Daisy's and Lilacs. "They're beautiful." You told your father and he also smiled when he saw your face.

Then there was a soft knock on the door. Both you and your father looked up, meanwhile Peter was still asleep. The door then opened and 3 men came in. Well actually 4 but that one was quick that a breeze flew by. "Woah there speedster." You said and raised your hands to block the breeze.

They entered as followed, Peter Maximoff Logan, Hank Havoy, and the one you were really surprised to see was Charles Xavier himself. He was walking again. Logan closed the door behind Xavier then came close to the hospital bed.

"Charles, Hank, Peter. I didn't expect you guys to come. I know Logan was going to because dad called him but wow.. this is really a surprise." You told them as you smiled wide. They smiled back. "We wanted to see how you were doing after the battle and everything that happened." Hank spoke.

Peter sat at the edge of the bed and said "Nice flowers. Who are they from?" You pointed to the other Peter Parker who was still sleeping. "Ooo what's this boy's name shall I ask?" He asked and you chuckled. "Actually his name is Peter, Peter. But not Maximoff like you. His last name is Parker." You stated and he nodded then sped over to him. "He's sleeping. Shh."

Was what you told Maximoff then he nodded and raised his hands in response "okay okay." Logan rolled his eyes and asked "you're doing alright now though right?" You could tell Logan was as worried as Steve and Everyone else. "Yes. I'm alright, thank you."

Charles walked over to the bed and sat at the spot where the speedster was. You looked over at the two Peter's for a second and laughed when you saw the speedster trying to make little braids on Parker's hair.

Your father rolled his eyes at the sight and shook his head. Logan almost did the same and went over to them. Hank looked over at you and Charles then you looked back over to Charles. "How are you able to walk? I thought you needed a wheelchair." You asked in a question but low tone.

"Actually Hank was able to create a mixture that wouldn't take away my abilities but help me walk again. It's really extraordinary." He told you and you smiled "I'm happy to hear that!" You said and looked at Hank. "I can see you're doing a good work like always beastie." You told Hank and he chuckled at the nickname. "Always with the nicknames." He responded.

"Always" you said. Everyone was happy. "Did you all sign in at the desk or did Xavier use his physic abilities again to let you all in." You asked and Charles gave you a fake 'how dare you' shocked look which made you laugh.

"No. I actually signed us all in." Charles explained "then I was able to use it for the room number you were in because she didn't tell me but I swear that's it." You nodded your head and smiled.

Peter Parker woke up and yawned but felt someone touching his hair. He started swatting his hands around "hey hey.." he mumbled in a groggy tired like voice. That's when Speedster quickly dashed next to Xavier like if nothing happened. You looked over to Parker and snorted but covered your mouth quickly.

Charles started laughing and Logan did too because of your snort. Which they were later on followed by Hank laughing and Steve just chuckling softly. Maximoff was just trying to look innocently for the braids he did.

Parker stood up and walked over "h-hey (Y/n) you're a-awake." He stuttered then continued. "Question, Actually two. Who are they and why do I have braids in my hair?" He asked. Parker has pointed to Hank, Charles and Maximoff when asking who they were.

"That's Charles Xavier, the professor and the one in charge of the school I went to before Midtown. Hank Havoy is a scientist that works at the same school as Xavier, and that's Peter. Peter Maximoff, he's a quick one but also attends the school." You said proudly.

"That explains who they are but what about the braids in my hair?" Parker asked and picked up a strand. "That was me." Maximoff said raising his hand. "You were sleeping and I saw the perfect opportunity to try it out. Might look sloppy though. I'm not the best at it." He admitted and you chuckled. "Yeah That was him." You said smiling afterwards.

"I can help you take it out of your hair if you want." You offered Parker and he nodded his head as he sat on the bed next to you. "Sweetheart, me and Logan are going to chat for a bit in the hallway if you don't mind." Your father said and you nodded your head.

The two men left the room and closed the door behind them. As you started to take off the braids in Peter's hair, he started to talk to you as he looked at you. "Uh.. you know.. um.. M-Michelle and Ned asked f-for you." You looked at him for a second "Really?" He nodded "Yeah."

"I'll see them in school tomorrow. That's what they told me anyway. They said I should be released soon. I just have certain restrictions because of my wound." You told him then finished off the last of the braids.

Laying your hands on the bed, you placed one on his hand then smiled. You looked at both of your hands touching, "I wanted to thank you for the beautiful flowers and for being here to see if I was okay."

Parker smiled at your words and gave your hand a small tight squeeze before replying "you're welcome. They r-reminded me of y-you." He said the last part quietly and you couldn't help but blush softly. It was then followed by a smile. "That's sweet Parker." You told him and he looked at you with a smile on his face.

•< Word Count >• 1179