Chapter 21 | Hospital Visit

Warning: None

There you were laying on a hospital bed with an IV tube connected to your arm and an oxygen tube around your nose. You wore a hospital gown and your wound was stitched up and patched.

As you slowly opened your eyes, you squinted them because of the bright lights. You groaned at it and closed your eyes again. Your father was in the room and heard you waking up. He walked over to the switch and lowered the lights a bit before making his way back over to the side of your bed.

Opening your eyes once more, you looked to your right and saw your father's worried yet sad face. "I'm sorry I couldn't keep you safe." He started to say and grabbed your hand. "It's okay dad. All that matters is that I'm okay right now. That I'm here." You said.

He gave a small smile then informed you that Bucky was also worried and that he was at a safe place since his arm was damaged. Not just that but because he still had the words in his head and wanted to get rid of them.

"Can I still speak to him?" You asked and Steve nodded pulling out his phone. He made a quick call to T'Challa then handed the phone over to you but placed it on speaker.

Phone call:

Bucky:
Hey kid. How are you holding up?

(Y/n):
I'm alright. Dad's worried about me still and I told him that I'm doing just fine.

Bucky:
Yeah both me and your father were worried and still are. We're glad to hear that you're doing better by you lost a lot of blood.

(Y/n):
I know. I'm sorry for making you both worry so much. I just wanted to help the both of you.

Bucky:
We know that hun. Just remember what your dad and Logan have always told you. Stay safe. They have a reason for saying it and now I'm saying it. I want you to stay safe. I'm doing alright on my own. I'm having them put me under just for a while. Don't worry I'll be fine. I just want you to get better. Can you do that for your father and me?

(Y/n):
Yeah. I can do that. Just don't sleep for too long.
I'll miss you. We both would.

Bucky:
I'll try not to sleep for too long. I promise and I'll miss the both of you too. Bye (Y/n).

(Y/n):
Bye Uncle Buck. Sweet dreams.

Call ended

Looking down at the phone, you gave a small smile then sighed and handed the phone back to your dad. "Do you have to keep running?" You asked him as you both looked at each other. He looked away for a second and sighed then nodded. "It's the only way if this whole situation doesn't end and get solved up."

You had a sad expression on your face and he saw. Sitting on the edge of your hospital bed, he held your hand and told you. "It's okay. I'll still try to come and visit. I'll even try to call you too. You're still staying with Logan though right?" He asked and you nodded.

"I'll stay here as long as I can. You need to rest." He motioned towards the pillow. "Okay. I'll rest." You muttered and gave his hand a tight squeeze before adjusting yourself on the bed and closing your eyes.

He gently let go of your hand and stood near the window then looked down at his phone. He decided to call Logan and let him know about everything that had happened. Knowing Logan, he also informed him of how you were okay right now. That you were resting.

It didn't stop him from visiting later on. He told your father that he was going to visit whenever he had the time. That he was currently on a mission with the other X-men members. With that, the call had ended.

•< Time Skip brought by Sad Dorito >•

Another person wanted to visit you and the nurse had to have them write their name down on the sign in visitors clipboard. This person was worried as well as your father, Logan and Bucky.

They walked down many hallways, up a couple of stairs then went down another hallway that was near the back of the hospital. 'Why is her room so far?' They asked in their mind as they walked towards the room. When they knocked then opened, they saw Steve looking out the window.

 When they knocked then opened, they saw Steve looking out the window

His view snapped when he heard someone opening the door. Who he saw standing at the doorway was a teenage boy with brown hair with small curls and brown eyes. He wore a plaid shirt with his sweater over it and jeans. In his hands were flowers.

"Who are you?" Steve asked the kid not knowing who he in fact was and why was he there. "I-I'm Peter. Peter Parker. I heard about (Y-y/n) being injured and w-wanted to come see h-her." He mentioned as he stuttered.

"Why are you here? Aren't you S-steve Rogers? C-captain America?" He asked when he glanced to see you sleeping and Steve looking at him. "Look kid, I'm her father. Why wouldn't I be here." Steve said in a calm voice.

"But her last name is Berry.. and a d-different guy who-.. Wait.. she told me that-.." He started to say and Steve finished "Logan was like an uncle to her? Yeah. It's true. Her last name is actually Rogers. Berry is a cover name to keep her safe from harm."

Steve admitted to the young kid. "But you must promise me you won't tell anyone who she is or that she is related to me. She's in already as much danger as is and I don't want to see her get hurt. If I do find out that you've told someone, I will find you." He said.

Peter's eyes were wide and he nodded. "It was nice of you to bring her flowers. I appreciate the kind gesture. So tell me.. who is she to you?" Steve asked him as he sat down at the chair closest to you.

"I'm a f-friend." Peter stated and placed the flowers on the table next to the bed. He sat next to Steve and waited for you to wake up. They just sat there in silence, waiting till you decided to wake up.

•< Word Count >• 1092