Chapter 1 | Meeting Peter, Ned & Mj

Warning: Bullying, Teasing

It's not your fault if your dad decided it was a good name to use instead of Rogers. It was just the first thing that popped into his mind. 'Maybe he was hungry at the moment' you kept thinking in your mind as you walked down the sidewalk on your way to school. Wasn't a long walk either considering your dad was able to get you your own apartment nearby.

Rent was considerably cheap which was good for you since you had school going on. Also meant that you didn't have to worry about the finance since he took care of it. If he had the chance, he would visit you and tell the other Avengers that he was going out for a walk. Of course they bought it. Even Bucky would visit at times. He was like an uncle to you.

The cool breeze hitting your face as you turned the corner on the street the school was on. ''Midtown High. Where the Bullies most of the time get away with their mischievous ways and the popular kids get the attention they look for. Not to mention all of the boredom spent after a while.' You thought to yourself as you now approached the gates and went up the stairs.

Walking down the crowded hallways towards your locker, the school bully by the name of Flash, decided to move his foot out and trip you. You fell forward as your books and papers that were in your arms flew to the ground.

"Watch where you're going 'Berry'. Maybe you won't trip next time." He stated and you moved your arms to prop you back up.

A kid came over after seeing the commotion and started picking up the papers and books for you. "Here, let me offer you a hand." He said in a kind soft voice. Taking his hand, you stood up and looked at him.

The way his brown hair showed off his little curls at the side and his chocolate brown eyes looking at you with nothing but a soft look. He gave a small smile as he introduced himself along with his friend who stood next to him. "I'm Peter by the way." He said and his friend cleared his throat as in saying 'don't forget me bud'.

Looking over to the both of them you chuckled softly then gave a small smile as Peter returned your belongings back. "Why thank you." You told him and looked back over to the other boy. "Oh, this is Ned. My apologies." Peter said and Ned rolled his eyes but lent out a hand for a shake. Gladly accepting it, you shook his hand and went back to holding your things.

"Well, if I may, class will be starting soon and I still need to put my things away but thank oh again Peter for helping me. It was lovely meeting you both." You started to say and turned to walk before Peter stopped you. "I-.. we didn't catch your name." He replied

'Oh wait that's right... shiz.. I forgot to tell them my name. Forgetful me. Ugh.'  You thought. "I'm sorry. The name's (Y/n), (Y/n) Berry." You finally admitted then gave an apologetic smile before waving and leaving again.

•< Time Skip to Your Locker >•

A minute or not even and the bell was about to ring. "God why does it take so long just to put simple things  away in my locker? It's not like I'm dragging a bowling ball and I'm trying to make sure it doesn't roll back out before I close the locker. Jeez." You mumbled to yourself as you finally managed to close your locker.

Turning around and walking to your class was plain easy and simple. Anyone can do it. Now getting past Liz Allen to get to your class on the other hand.. wasn't. She loved to rub it on everyone's face sometimes on how gorgeous she looked. Well you're not sure about everyone but you're pretty damn sure she loves doing it to you. You're not sure why but she did it.

"Hey Berry. Ever heard of makeup? It can be good for your skin. Also hides all of the unwanted areas you don't want people to see on your face." She spoke with a 'I'm pretty much telling you I'm prettier than you with my beautiful skin compared to yours' look.

"Oh yeah? Well that's so amazing! I didn't know powder and different chemicals on your face will make it look so gorgeous! I also was aware of my face not looking as good as yours but there's a thing called, not everyone wants to wear makeup because they feel good enough in their own skin, to just not wear any at all. So if you do mind please, I'm actually trying to get to class so I can learn and educate. Thank you." You spoke with a hint of sass and sarcasm.

You really weren't in the mood for her trying to make you feel bad about your appearance when you actually like the way you looked. With or without makeup. You could care less because people should just love who they are and how they appear to be no matter what others say.

With that being said, you waltzed right into your first period class with ease and a small smile on your face. You sat on your seat which was near the back of the class when someone tapped your right shoulder. Shifting your head over to the right to look behind you, you notice a girl with what you thought was a reasonable sense of fashion, curly brown hair that was pulled back into a low ponytail and a book in her hand.

"Just wanted to say I heard what you said out there to Liz. You have balls and I appreciate everything you said. Like every word. No one should feel bad about themselves or how they look." She told you. "I'm Michelle by the way, but you can call me Mj."

"Thanks Mj. I'm (Y/n), and I had to say something. I couldn't just let her continue to say things like that. It could really damage someone's self esteem and it's not right. Whenever I hear things like that, I try my best to shut it down. Got to stand up for what's right, right?" You replied with a smile then turned back to face the now speaking teacher. Michelle returned back to her book but also with a smile.

•< Word Count >• 1096