“You too,” Rian and Noah responded together, waving as she scampered off with a group of girls that had been watching the interaction between her and Rian and Noah.

            I smiled at the pair of boys. “Surprisingly, you guys are really nice.”

            Rian raised an eyebrow. “What? Did you think we were going to be snobs?”

            “Maybe a little,” I admitted sheepishly. “But you guys definitely proved me wrong. You’re really nice to your fans.”

            “Are you a fan?” Noah asked casually. “It’s cool if you’re not,” he added quickly. “I’m just wondering.”

            “We’ll, I’m not not a fan,” I answered offhandedly. Would they care if I were a fan or not? Would they think I just wanted to be friends with them because they’re famous?

            Rian chuckled. “So, I take it you are a fan?”

            I cleared my throat, offering a half-smile. “Yeah, sorry.”

            “Dude, don’t apologize!” Noah cried, his eyes widening slightly. “It’s awesome that you’re a fan. Thank you!”

            “Don’t thank me,” I muttered, embarrassed.

            “Oh, is there a party going on?” Someone draped an arm around my shoulder and I looked up to see Luke grinning at me. “S’up, Iris?”

            I blinked at him in surprise. He remembered my name? Ms. Rigolo had only mentioned it once, and we’d never given each other formal introductions. It was kind of pleasing. “I’m about to go to lunch, want to join?”

            Luke nodded his head. “I’ve been searching for the cafeteria for like, the last ten minutes.”

            “Dude! Me too!” Noah cried in response.

            “This place is huge,” Luke continued, making a face. “It’s pretty much impossible to locate anything. Without the girls to show me to my next class, I’d never make it on time.”

            I laughed. “You’ll get used to it.”

            “But you’ve been here for four years, haven’t you?” Rian pointed out. “Are you a senior too?”

            “Yeah, but I got used to it pretty quickly,” I responded with a shrug. “When you have your schedule down it’s a lot easier.”

            “You’re a senior?” Noah asked. “Does that mean we might have classes together?”

            “Obviously not the first three,” I told him. “But maybe in the next four we might have one.”

            He looked excited. “Want to see my schedule?

            Before I could respond, Rian cut me off. “How about during lunch? I’m starving.”

            “Agreed,” Noah, Luke, and I concurred.

            Noah gestured for me to walk in front of me. “Lead the way, Belle.”

            “Don’t call me that. Iris is okay.”

            Luke nudged me in the shoulder with his elbow. “Aw, you’re so modest.”