ninety

there's always a light at the end of the tunnel.

there was a knock on sooyoung's door. she hardly heard it though, the strange ringing in her ear, a weird fuzzy sound was preventing her from actually doing something about it.

she sat on the floor of her room, arms curled around her knees, and rested her chin in the crook of her elbows. sooyoung's long black hair was messy, she looked like a mess.

she couldn't think.

"sooyoung!"

that familiar voice which came from out of the door finally brought her to her senses. she was trying to figure out how they had gotten up to her bedroom door. maybe she forgot to lock it.

"park sooyoung!"

she lifted her chin, weary eyes gazing upon the bed a few feet away from her. sooyoung just realized then how dark it was. she could see the orangish glow from the streetlights outside, casting weird lines along the carpeted floor.

sooyoung felt sick.

"i know you're in there!"

was it late? what time was it? she scratched her head, then slowly pushed herself off the floor. she must be catching a cold or something. maybe a fever. sooyoung felt all weak and hot, her hands were clammy, and honestly she didn't feel like doing her homework. she just wanted to sleep.

sooyoung was trying to ignore her current problems at hand.

"sooyoung, i swear if you don't open this goddamn door i will—"

taehyung faltered in his words, fist mid-raised to knock loudly on the door again, staring back at sooyoung.

"i'm here dumbass. what do you want? i was doing my homework."

"is your homework crying? because if so, well it seems like you've definitely been doing that."

she wasn't amused, and it seems like taehyung wasn't joking either.

"what's wrong with you?"

"a lot of things, actually."

"well, you can start talking."

"i'm just gonna' start crying again." she let the boy inside her room, shutting it behind him. "i'm not really keen on doing that again."

"is this about minji?"

"who else could it possibly be about?" she sat back down on the floor in her original curled up position. "i'm worried about her. doctor's said she's getting worse."

"doctor's don't know shit half the time."

"well, i think they might be right this time. min looks so weak, it's hard to watch. as her big sister, I'm supposed to make it better for her. i can't just let her struggle like this. not only does it hurt her, it hurts me too."

"last week, nurses said she can't have spicy for. you know how much minji loves spicy food. everything's getting snatched away from her piece by piece."

the strange lapse in her ability to think straight was sharply cut when she felt the hot tears stream down her face.

taehyung's eyes didn't leave her face.

"it's hard. fuck, it's so fucking hard. i can't do anything, and i just watch her die. i can't watch her die, she can't leave me! she's younger than me, she didn't supposed to be leaving!"

"she hasn't even been to her first school dance yet," sooyoung sniffled. "she hasn't even gone on her first date, no first kiss, nothing. she hasn't even met sungjae yet, and i really wanted her to."

"i feel like my life is falling apart. our group was one of the only things that forced me to keep smiling, and now we can't even look each other in the eye! and now my sister is about to die—i feel useless!"

taehyung rested an arm around her, and luckily that's all he had to do for her.

everyone was aware of how close taehyung and sooyoung truly were, but he was probably the only person who actually understand her problems. that's what made him different from seulgi, jeongguk, and jimin.

she loved those three to death, but they just weren't like taehyung. he was a royal screw up, but never in sooyoung's eyes.

he would always be her bestfriend, the guy who she knew would have her back when no one else did.

taehyung didn't flinch when sooyoung started to sob in his shoulder, simply sighing and mumbling something in her ear to reassure her that he wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.

a/n: this has been sitting for around a month

sorry y'all 😭💀🤠🔫