25.

she was improving.

she had ignored the countless messages she had received from a certain brown haired vlogger, all begging and pleading for her to speak to him.

she couldn't make that mistake again, she couldn't destroy the life of the people around here anymore.

however, he wasn't the only one begging. so was her broken heart, yelling and screaming at her to type back a response or to pick up his calls.

see, her self improvement hadn't just stopped at denying her obliviousness. It had stretched all the way to her own feelings, becoming painfully aware of her own crush.

she had fallen for the boy and fallen hard, and it had taken her 64 days to realise.

Now 64 days may not seem like a long time, if the average person lives 27,375 days then 64 was minuscule. but in the crazy fast paced environment of the city she had began to fall in love with, 64 days was a lifetime.

she had never really 'fallen' for anyone before, or is she had she had never really realised it.

now you may be wondering, 'why now?' and to be simply honest with you she didn't know why.

it could just be the bitter loneliness she felt when the clock strikes midnight, the time where she would normally be persuading the boy that she didn't need sleep and all she wanted to do was edit until the early hours, only taking a break to watch the sunrise together.

it could be the way that her contagious smile spread across her face when she appeared in the vlogs she was rewatching, a smile that was so genuine and purely happy that the only time it came out was around him.

or, it could be the memory of the forbidden kiss the two shared, and the way it made her heart pound every time she thought of it.

but all that didn't matter, all that did matter was the space between the two, and the declining of calls, and the countless unread messages that had collected in her inbox.

she would get over david dobrik if it was the death of her.

this would of course be easier if she was 5,000 miles away and with her work experience coming up it was the perfect excuse that for once was not even an excuse to leave all her problems behind.

for a week or two at least.

before she even had a chance to look back violet was on a very tedious plane journey home.

she loved her friends back home with every ounce of her being but she knew they would have questions, and that she did not have answers, well ones that she wanted to share anyway.

violet knew the first sentence out their mouths would be 'what the fuck happened?'. her social media hiatus mixed with her insistent group calls in the lonely hours of the night didn't add quite add up to them. it was rare to violet to miss even a few days of posting on her instagram, especially now that she had followers but her page had grown abandoned ever since she got back to la after her flee from vegas and slight mental breakdown.

what felt like an eternity had passed for the girl but she was finally in her home land, the cold breeze hitting her rosy cheeks as she stepped out of the hectic airport and right into the open arms of her mother who she only had to slightly bribe with a promise of a bottle of wine and a home cooked meal to get her to pick her up at the ungodly hour.

her mums face was filled with glee as they drove home, her body glowing with pride as she listened to her daughter go on about how surprisingly well she was doing on her course, already having job prospects lining up after one of their nerve-racking student photography exhibition shows they had to put on.

of course she felt a hint of sadness at the idea of her youngest daughter moving across the country permanently but after all the rough times violet had gone through these past few years, as long as violet was happy, so was she.

if only she had known about what she was facing with david, then maybe her mind may change.

violet herself couldn't even tell if la was good for her. she was doing tremendously well with her photography, yet she had also fallen for a guy whose relationship she had ruined.