26.

violets streak of her avoidance could only last so long, and today was the day it would all come crashing down.

it was cliche really, a drunk girl texting a crush mid way through a night out.

and with the physical pain of her excruciating hangover, came the mental pain of the consequences of her intoxicated actions.

to an outsider it may have seemed innocent, a simple 'hey, miss u' being sent was hardly scandalous, but this was david and violet and nothing was ever innocent.

in typical drunken girl fashion violet had text him and then unintentionally ignored her phone, meaning that it was absolutely bombarded with notifications.

she couldn't ignore the boy any longer, and after a debate with herself she lifted the phone to her ear, mentally cursing herself for breaking her pact.

"violet!" david gasped through the phone, clearly in disbelief that she had actually came around and spoke to him. "hey david, i'm really sorry for messaging you. i was really drunk and wasn't thinking straight" she groaned into the phone, her voice cracking after the abuse she had put it through when screeching to songs on the dance floor only a matter of hours ago.

"i'm glad that you did violet, I've missed you like crazy" he sighed, trying to ignore the sinking feeling inside of his stomach as his assumptions that she had not really not meant to text him were confirmed as true.

"i've missed you too" she eventually croaked back, the words leaving her lips before her brain could put a stop to them. "that's the first thing that has put a smile on my face in weeks you know" he replied, nervously scratching the back of his head as she spoke, knowing deep down that the girl on the other end would never actually reciprocate the feelings he had for her.

"look dave, i think that it would be best for you and your relationship if we both just moved on" she sighed, her mind finally catching up with her and stopping anymore of her true feelings from slipping out. "me and liza broke up. it wasn't really working between us anyway and the kiss was just the last straw for her. it was silly of us to think we could give it another go" he replied, sending the girls heart racing.

she didn't know what to feel right now. she was guilty for being the reason why the two ended things, but at the same time she also felt warm, and happy. he was single and available and more than that, he had really missed her.

this is exactly why she stopped herself from contacting him, because everything about the boy made her fall further for him.

"i'm sorry david" she eventually choked, david knew how genuine she was being when she said that. this was one of the many reasons why he wouldn't give up on speaking to her again, she needed to know that what happened between liza and himself was over, and more importantly that it was not her fault at all.

"hey don't worry, we both knew it wasn't going anywhere. i'll always love liza but we just aren't meant for each other" he replied, saying all the right words to soothe violets guilt ridden heart.

"i'm not just sorry about that. i'm also sorry for that kiss" she uttered, shocked as the boy chuckled lightly in response. "the only thing i'm sorry for is the timing violet" he replied, violet could almost feel the smirk that laced his lips through the phone as he cheeks flushed crimson red.

"david dobrik you're such a flirt."