19.

the two felt as if they were in their own wonderland, smiles never fading from their joyful faces as they explored the city hand in hand.

it wasn't until they had returned to their hotel rooms, minds exhausted and feet in agony that they were dragged from their dream world and into reality.

it started with the boys previously abandoned phone where a seemingly innocent text message lay from his girlfriend.

'are you having fun in vegas?'

david sighed, feeling a sudden annoyance surge throughout his body as he read the text. of course he was having fun, he always did when he was with violet. he knew he had no reason to be angry, after all he had spontaneously took off with the girl completely unannounced, leaving it right until he was boarding his flight to tell anyone. it wasn't even like the contents of the message had frustrated him, it was more who it was from. 

he didn't want to think about her this trip, feeling too guilty every time. not that he had any intentions to ruin what he had with her this trip, he just felt more comfortable around violet when not overthinking everything.

'yes i am'  he eventually responded to her, instantly regretting the bluntness of it as soon as he pressed send. 

'that's good then. twitters blowing up with everyone sure that you're dating'

he rolled his eyes, this was something liza often brought up. fans assuming david and violet being in a relationship was nothing new to them. she never did so in a malicious way however, she actually found it pretty funny. he know this was probably just because they both knew she had no ground to stand on here, since it was her that insisted on their getting back together to be a secret, david on the other hand being ready to share it with his viewers instantly.

'haha. anyway im going to bed now so speak later"  he replied, ignoring her comment. he had a feeling that there was some hidden resentment behind what the girl was saying but wasn't ready to start an argument.

this however, was only the beginning to the downfall of their wonderland. 

it was now the evening, the two had slept throughout most of the day after the exhaustion from their early morning exploration. 

david was treating violet to a fancy dinner, even insisting he bought her the dress she had fallen in love with earlier that day after she had got into a fluster about not having anything appropriate to wear. 

he couldn't lie, the dinner was to treat her but the dress was for his own selfish reasons. she looked like a goddess in it. it wasn't just the tight material or how it barely reached her upper thigh, it was the confidence and power that poured out of her when she wore it. 

''daveee, can you zip the back up for me please?" the girl begged from the adjoining room that she had locked herself away in for the past hour, making sure she looked perfect for their evening out. he quickly jumped at the opportunity, running to help the girl out.

there she was, her beauty beyond compare. violet smiled sweetly at his presence in the room, swiftly turning around and sweeping the hair that was cascading down her bare shoulders out of the way. 

the boy composed himself, walking up the girl and taking the zipper gently between his fingers, slowly moving it up. the coldness of his ring gliding up her back sending shivers throughout her entire body. 

she turned back around, their faces dangerously close as she placed a delicate hand on his shoulder, whispering a soft 'thank you'. he simply wrapped his arms around her waist in response, her breath hitching as she their bodies were pressed together.

they both know what they were doing was wrong, but that didn't stop it from feeling so perfectly right.

everything was about to change.

his gaze flicked from her mesmerising eyes down to her inviting lips, hers doing the same. 

"david, i.." she started, abruptly cut off by his lips pressing against her own. it was soft and gentle, yet fuelled by passion and desire. without thinking the girl snaked her hands behind his neck, deepening the forbidden kiss. 

the two shuffled their way to the bed, not once losing connection. he sat on the edge, his firm grip on her waist pulling her down on top of him as she ran her fingers through his messy locks. they eventually broke apart to catch their breath, being so caught up in the moment they had failed to realise what was happening until now.

she quickly clambered off him, smoothing down her wrinkled dress, biting down on her lip so hard she was sure it drew blood. "i, i don't know what to say" she mumbled, breaking the silence that had fallen upon them. 

"i have a girlfriend violet!" he eventually spoke, his voiced raised as he slammed his fist onto the bedside table, causing the girl to flinch. never before had she seen david angry. 

"i know you do" she sighed, running her trembling fingers through her hair as she held back the tears that were threatening to spill. "i can't believe this. i can't believe you!" he shouted, standing before violet, his intimidating body towering over the shaking girl. "david you kissed me!" she snapped, her fear being replaced with frustration as he simply rolled his eyes at her. 

"you didn't exactly stop it though" he cried, storming out of the room before violet could even try to stop him. "david its no big deal, can't we just forget this ever happened?" she yelled through the door that he had forcefully slammed shut, stumbling back as it swung open, revealing a tearful boy. "no we can't, because i love you violet." he whimpered, rubbing his watering eyes in frustration. "hey i love you too!" she sheepishly replied, confused as the two often told the other how much they loved them. "no, you don't understand. i love you. not as a friend, not as a brother. i love you more than i have loved anyone before." he blurted, surprising even himself at his confession. "david don't be silly, you have literally the most perfect girlfriend. you're just upset and confused right now" she replied in a calm manner, ignoring his words. "i know i do, and that is why i can't see you anymore" he announced, flashing an apologetic frown before closing the door again.