twelve

Teresa was laughing at a stupid joke Thomas had said whilst he was just stood their smiling at her laugh. They were still at Veeno and had been for a long time now.

"Do you want some water?" Thomas asked and Teresa nodded. Thomas quickly grabbed to glasses and filled them with water using the tap. The look on Teresa's face was like she was in love. "What?" Thomas questioned. "Its the same as bottled water isn't It?"

"So I've been told." Teresa said lightly watching as Thomas gave her the water and switched she stereo on. Teresa put her head in her laughing as she saw Thomas behind to dance awkwardly.

"Come on, dance with me?" Thomas asked holding his hand out to Teresa whilst jigging his shoulders. Teresa shook her head 'no' before Thomas grabbed she's hands gently and pulled her up, pulling her close.

Teresa's hand as rested on Thomas' shoulder as his hand was wrapped around her waist. Their faces were inches apart and Teresa could feel his breath bouncing against her lips. Teresa began to swing her hips to the music and Thomas followed her lead. Thomas quickly spun Teresa around before pulling her close to him again.

Teresa let out a giggle as she felt her body flow with the music. Thomas took a hold of both of Teresa's hand and separated from her before pulling her back into him but this time, her back against his front. Teresa laughed with Thomas as they began to shimmy to the ground before standing back up straight.

Teresa was spun back around to face Thomas and he dipped her before pulling her back up.

"Oh my gosh." Teresa laughed as they continued their own version of the tango. Thomas took Teresa's hands once again and held them above her head, Thomas quickly ran his hand down her arms before placing his hand on her cheek.

Thomas was inches away from Teresa's face and it felt right. He felt like he belonged with her. Thomas quickly spun Teresa around again before they resumed their position right next to each other.

Teresa's eyes flickered down to Thomas' lips and that was all he needed before she made his next move.

Thomas gently planted his lips on Teresa's, who kissed back instantly. Their lips moved in sync with other for about 30 seconds before Teresa pulled away quickly. She stepped away from Thomas and placed her fingers on her lips.

"Fuck.. I'm sorry." Thomas said as Teresa stumbled to leave the building. Thomas watched as Teresa left before pushing a box of glass off to the table in anger.

Teresa quickly ran into the air and further down the street before resting her hand son her knees. She didn't know what the hell that was but it felt amazing! She didn't experience anything when kissing Newt, but when she just kissed Thomas she felt electric!

Teresa shook her head before frowning. She had walked a few blocks away from the bar thinking everything other. And in an instant it clicked.

Thomas was in love with someone else and as far as she's concerned, she is the only one Thomas had been hanging out with. It was her! Thomas was in love with her.

"What the hell am I doing?" She asked herself. Teresa looked back in the direction she just came from and pushed the hair out of her face before running back to the bar. It took her a good five minutes to make it to the bar and rain had started to pour. Covering herself up as best she could she quickly made it.

Teresa was just about to walk in when she saw Brenda outside the bar. She was hugging someone. It was Thomas. Teresa watched as he held her gently and stroked her hair.

Feeling her heart break in a million little pieces Teresa shook her head and walked off yet again.

-M