ten

1 and half months later

Monday mornings are the worst! Especially since Thomas wasn't a morning person. At least he wouldn't have to walk because Brenda was picking him up this morning.

He still didn't know where he stood with Brenda, he had yet to ask her out but something was stopping him and he didn't know what.

The brown eyed boy was sat in the living room catching up on some studying he had to do until his dad walked in.

"That Teresa girl seems nice, the one Newt was with a couple of months ago." He said sitting down opposite him. Thomas looked up and smiled lightly, with a nod. "She certainly makes a cute couple with Newt."

"She's alright." Thomas replied looking back down at work, rolling his eyes. He wasn't jealous that Teresa and Newt were happy, he hated the fact that being with Brenda wasn't what he had expected. She was a lovely girl and he did fancy her but something just didn't click.

The sound of a car horn brought Thomas out of his thoughts as he closed his books and put them in his bag before sending a straight smile towards his dad.

Thomas quickly left the house and got in the car. He went to sling his backpack into the back seat but was stopped when he saw two people there.

"Hey Tommy." Newt said with a big smile. Thomas smiled and looked at the blue eyed girl sat next to him.

"Hey." Thomas said gently smiling at Teresa. Teresa smiled back and Newt grabbed Teresa's hand.

"Hi." She replied.

Brenda began to drive and conversation was actually alright. Until something was said that Thomas didn't like.

"What was it like spending your first night together, guys?" Brenda asked. Thomas looked at Brenda and then at the couple in the back seat. Newt was smiling and Teresa we going red.

"You spent the night together?" Thomas questioned. Newt nodded gently and planted a kiss on Teresa's cheek before Thomas faked a smile and turned back to the front.

-

"All, year 11's will be off of timetable today to prepare the rest of the hall for prom." The same teacher from a few months said. Everyone cheered and began to get to work.

Today, Thomas and Teresa were in control of the playlist whilst everyone else were dealing with decorations. Teresa felt a little upset because ever since the car ride, Thomas hasn't spoken one word to her. She didn't know if she had done something wrong or if something had happened.

The hall was emptied as all the students left for lunch. Teresa and Thomas didn't even realise until everything went silent.

The brown eyed boy looked at the blue eyed girl who was already looking at him. The feeling in the out of Teresa's stomach was very foreign and nothing she felt before.

"Are you going for lunch?" She asked him awkwardly. Thomas thought for a moment before she shook his head. "Have I done something? It's just.. you haven't really spoken to me at all today."

"I'm just feeling a little shit. I'm sorry, I've not really spoken to Brenda today either." Thomas admitted. Teresa walked over to him and sat down on the stage smiling lightly.

"I was thinking of adding some love songs into the playlist. Like, Celine Dion, Roxanne-"

"No." Thomas said laughing. Teresa laughed with him before shaking her head.

"Well, we need some soppy shit in there. Brenda loves that stuff-"

"I hate that stuff!" Thomas exclaimed and Teresa smiled at him.

"Me too." She admitted. Thomas looked into her eyes and bit his lip before looking away. "I was thinking on having you as the announcer and shit because you're great when you interact with people."

"Wait, did you just say 'I'm great'?" Thomas questioned with a raised eyebrow. Teresa smiled nervously and nodded.

"Yeah, you kind of are." She said and Thomas nodded.

"Hm, back at you babe." Thomas said and Teresa shook her head. Teresa and Thomas were interrupted when a boy and a girl were making out vigorously in the corridor. Teresa shook her head and looked back at the playlist.

"Thank god Newt would never be in a girl like that." She insulted and Thomas looked at her with a slight frown.

"Oh yeah I forgot. Newt only likes women with quality, huh." Thomas sis leaning forward and looking at Teresa.

"That's a trait to be admired not mocked, manwhore." Teresa said. She was annoyed that Thoma was acting that way.

"Manwhore?" Thomas questioned and then began to laugh. "Why am I a manwhore?"

"Because before Brenda you would sleep with every girl that looked in your direction. Especially the Martin twins." Teresa explained. 

"What about the Martin twins?" Thomas exclaimed.

"I saw you!"

"You saw me what? Talk to them? Please.. I was showing them to their class." Thomas argued and Teresa looked at him with a glare.

"Such a gentleman.. now you're telling me you never slept with them?"

"Actually, I only slept with the one who could read."

"Guys like you like woman whondress like tarts and suck lots of cock." Teresa said and Thomas raised his eyebrows.

"What a minute? Did you just say 'cock'?" Thomas asked and Teresa nodded.

"Yes. Yes I did! I can say cock, you don't own the word. Cock, cock, cock and cock." Teresa said with a proud smile on her face. Thomas rolled his eyes before nodding his head.

"Okay, I got it. Thanks. A few weeks ago you called me disgusting because I asked if Newt wanted to fuck you and now you're cock this, cock that?" Thomas said and stared at Teresa. "You slept with Newt didn't you?"

"What? No!" Teresa exclaimed, her mouth gaping at Thomas. "We're saving that for this weekend, he's taking to the lake in next town over." The smirk was wiped off of Thomas' face as he realised they were getting serious.

"Wow." Thomas said gently. "Congratulations I guess." He said and looked back at what he was doing. It wa a perfect timing because everyone began to role back into the hall.

Teresa left Thomas and quickly ran over to Newt wrapping her arms around his neck and giving him a kiss. Thomas sighed and began writing down some songs.

-M