"Do not hesitate to call me if something happens, just in case I don't pick up, call Eric, OK?"as I rush to put on my high heels.

" You look beautiful, Mrs Archer "

"Thank you Rosie, and I told you to call me Alaine please. I won't take long, OK?"
I here my phone buzz and check it.

"My date's here, bye". I rush to kiss my 3 little musketeers and rush out.

" wow Alaine, you look hot".

"Thank you, now could we please go. We're already late and I have to get back home early".

We walk into the hall and I pray, I don't see him, I haven't seen him in over a month and I just don't know how I could react around him.

All the girls were glaring at Kyle, some even asked for autographs thinking he's Shemar Moore. I couldn't help but laugh. I excused myself from Kyle, as I went to talk to a few guests a knew from my line of work. Most being  famous clients.
" Miss stone, what a delight seeing you here"

"Mrs Garvey, it nice seeing you, too. Its been a while." I reply with a smile. Mrs Garvey was a client. We catered for her daughters wedding and she was very pleased plus she was a big benefactor of the gala. One of the reasons, I couldn't skip it.

"I'd like to introduce you to a dear friend of mine, I was telling him about the wonderful work you did for me". I follow her to a group of what looked like a few older men and a gentleman with a young lady.

" Miss Stone, this is Chef Ian Gallagher, Ian, this is Miss Alaine Stone". I smile and he shake hands briefly and when I turn to my left, that's when I see him.

"Oh that's Eric Archer". Mrs Garvey introduces me. I choke on my saliva and cough a little." Are you okay, dear?"

"Yes, I am thank you". I smile at her.

" Nice to meet you Eric Archer " with a forced smile. I look to his side and I see a woman with her hands around his arm.

"That's his date, Jessica White, she's a runway model". Mrs Garvey continues with the introduction.

I don't know how long I was gonna keep forcing a smile, because my facial muscles couldn't take it anymore. And just as I thought I could walk way, I feel a hand grab my waist. " Alaine, are you not gonna introduce me?"

"Oh, everyone this is Kyle Anders my date" emphasis on the date. "Kyle, this is everyone". I honestly wasn't in the mood to start introduce him to everyone so I quickly excused myself.

" Excuse me, I'm gonna go powder myself" and I bolted as fast as my legs could take me. I couldn't breathe and I needed air, I didn't know seeing him would affect me this much. I'd been avoiding that son of a bitch for over a month and I knew this was bound to happen but not like this, not with an arm candy by his side. I quickly rushed outside to the pool area, hoping the place was empty.

Eric's POV

When I saw here, she looked beautiful. Way more beautiful and sexy than I remembered her in her navy blue v line mermaid dress. It felt like I'd take ages without seeing her. Gosh I miss her. Then I see some fucker grab her waist, I felt like bashing his head to a wall. I could see the pain in her eyes and how she was trying to show a brave face. When she excused herself, I took it as an opportunity and excused myself too. Leaving my date and that stupid date of hers there busy talking about his company. I see her run out and I follow her to the pool area.

"Alaine baby?"

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Alaine baby?".

" arrgh" she groans, "What the fuck do you want Eric? Can't you just let me be?"

"No, I can't. Your my wife".

She rolls her eyes, " Oh please Eric, drop the act".

"And who was that guy?" I ask, as I clench my jaw

"Like I said, he's my date and don't fucking play the jealous card, you have your date".

" Jessica was just hired to be my date, arm candy that's it. She doesn't mean anything  unlike your date, who was inches away from grabbing your ass".

"And so what if he grabbed it, huh? Why would it bother you? We aren't together Eric, so please just leave me alone".

I couldn't take it, I wanted her. I missed her. I grab her wrist and pull her to go to a much secluded place.

" wtf, let me go Eric. Where are you taking me?" She protested.

I push her against the wall and pull her waist toward me and kiss her soft lips. She protests for a while but I could feel her weaken, as she gave into the kiss. I deepened the kiss as I cupped her cheeks and pressed against her to feel her closer to my body.

"I miss you Alaine," in between the kisses. I kiss her neck and shoulder, I hear her moan softly. "I'm sorry Alaine, I want you. I didn't mean to hurt you. I want us to be a family again. I promise I'll do anything. Please don't leave me".

"You hurt me bad Eric, I can't right now. Please let me go". I see her fighting the tears but they roll down her cheeks. I wipe them with my thumb.

"I love you Alaine and I'm a fool. Please forgive me". I plead

"I need to go back inside,please Eric".

I decided to take advantage of this moment.

" Not until you promise we'll talk". There's silence for about five seconds. "Alaine, I'm not letting you go unless you give me a chance to explain myself".

" Fine, we'll talk ".

" when?"

"Really?"

"I'm not moving a bat until you tell me when, so I know its a date you won't run away from".

" fine, tomorrow for lunch at my place". And I let her go but not without giving her one last kiss.

Alaine's POV

He let's me go and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. I quickly walk back into the hall, and see Kyle Flirting with Jessica. So typical. "Kyle, I have an emergency I need to leave but please do stay, I can just find a cab".

" I can drop you, I was on my too" I hear the deep husky voice that I'd grown to love. I close my eyes for a second, and open them and turn to face him.

"I don't want to bother you Mr Archer, I can just take a Cab". I reply forcing a smile.

" I insist Miss Stone "as he smirks.

And then I hear Kyle's annoying voice, " thanks man. So Alaine, dinner sometime?" I look at a now fuming Eric and I wanted to say yes out of spite but one more date with Kyle would drive me to insanity.

"Kyle, I don't think its a good idea, but it was nice seeing you again" and I walk away not giving him a chance to respond, Eric following behind me.

The car ride back home was silent for a while.

"So, how do you know that guy?"
He asks breaking the silence

"Which guy?" I act clueless

"Come, on you know who".

I chuckle, " Kyle is an ex from college".

"So what happened?"

"It's non of your business".

" I was just asking "

"You don't see me ask about Eleanor".

" You can ask me anything  and I'll answer honestly". But before I could open my mouth to ask, "on condition you also answer my questions but because I'm a gentleman, I'll let you ask first.

" you always got conditions, don't do? Typical of business oriented people, always something for something but fine, its a deal.

Destined Arrangementजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें