Chapter 14

Eric's POV

Its been two weeks since she left the house again. At first she would text to just check on how I was holding up but after she just stopped texting.

I don't have that many friends, growing up and being the only heir to the Archer dynasty, it was hard to tell who was your true friend. It it wasn't for the money, it was for the popularity. Magazines labelling me as the most handsome man a live, girls creating polls on which celebrity girl looks perfect with me. The whole damn world looked at me with coloured glasses of perfection and I let it get to me. It was good for business and I made sure I lived to that perfection ever since I was in high school.

Then comes Alaine with all her imperfections, she's one person I can be myself around with no judgement. She's not the kind to want popularity, she always tells me how she loves her privacy, and that's why she doesn't post or share her personal life online. Her exact words were, "I let you see what I want you to see". I like that she's care free, I guess accepting herself for who she is, she does want she wants as long as it makes her and her loved ones happy. She once told me, how she'd always pictured being in a relationship where, if she wants to fart, she doesn't have to hide or move to fart. Her exact words were, " I want him to be comfortable around me and I comfortable around him". I had never thought of that, in my billionaire life, we always had things that had to be done a certain way.

Alaine's POV

"Girl, are you still stress eating? This one must have cut too deep for you be eating like that".

" I'm not stressed, I'm over Eric. I've just been having weird cravings lately like a pregnant woman". I freeze and stare at Charlotte after I hear myself say the word pregnant.

"You know what, wait here and I'll rush with my police car and get you a few home pregnancy test" as she gets up to walk out the door.

I shout at her laughing, "you just need another excuse to get those sirens on".
I bet that's a another bonus for having a cop for a friend. Within 10 minutes she's back with 5 different tests and they all reveal my worst fear.

The next day, I make an appointment with Dr Mendez, my sister's Gynecologist. She takes a few blood samples and a sonogram.

" Well, Miss Stone, you are indeed pregnant and I can roughly say about 2 months". Her eyes narrow like something is wrong.

"What? Is there anything wrong?", I ask.

" No, its just that you are having triplets. Congratulations ". As she wipes the gel from my stomach

" So have you been experiencing morning sickness?" She asks but my mind had travelled so far I didn't hear her.

"Miss Stone" she taps on my shoulders.
"Yes??" I respond and she asks again.

"Have you been experiencing, morning sickness?"

"No, I haven't. Its just that I get hungry all the time with weird food craving like cheese puffs dipped in condensed milk and fruits". And the thought of it made me hungry again.

" Well, that's very normal, but please try to eat more of healthy food. I know its hard to deny your babies the cravings but since this might be a high risk pregnancy since they are Three, I'd suggest we have more regular visits than the usual, OK?".

"Got it doc".

" And Is the father in the picture?" She asks and at this point I don't know what I should say, is he or he's not?

"Umm...well.... We kind of not talking right now.... So....umm, I hope you get my drift".

" Miss Stone, you need assistance. Your carrying three lives now, it won't be easy. I suggest you work out your differences".