Chapter 4

Alaine's POV
"What the fuck happened"? My inner thoughts yelling at me as I lay on my bed with what seems like the mother of all hangovers. "Arrgghhh", I growl. I look at the time and its 7:05am and I remember, I have a meeting with the CEO of the Archer Hotel group about my expansion of the coastal/East African dishes incorporated with Oriental dishes, yeah I'm in the food business, I own a few restaurant chains, and its amazing cause I've always loved food. With the meeting, I hope to get the contract to offer my services as the hotel restaurant and spice things up for them.

I rush to my bathroom, check in my medicine cabinet for some aspirin and take some with tap water. I take a quick shower, grab my good luck black and white stripped pant suit, comb my curly afro hair, head to the kitchen for a cup of coffee and order an uber.

Eric's POV
It's 8:45am and I'm in  my office, and I can't stop thinking about last night, I didn't even get her name," oh well I guess its for the best, its not like I'm gonna meet her again".
"Excuse me Mr. Archer, Good morning.  Sorry to bother your thoughts but your 9'0'clock appointment is here. Miss Alaine Stone from Island Dishes". I hear Rico say to me.
" Let her in", I replied without raising my head to look at Rico.
"Good morning to you too". I hear a familiar voice but honestly I don't bother looking up at who it is, as I finish signing off a few documents on my desk.
" You may sit Miss Stone, I'll be with you shortly ". As I look up at her, I see a very confused, shocked and frowned face.
"YOU, you're Eric Archer" ? She chuckles, "H...ho...How"? She pauses while she raises her hand to her brow.
" Never mind, let's just pretend nothing happened and this is our first meeting ".

I look at her, and I'm flabbergasted, what are the odds. " Are you stalking me, Miss Stone" I say to her.
"What!!! Are you kidding me? You're so full of yourself. You're much nicer drunk. But FYI I'm here for business, so please let's get right to work". She whisper yells at me. I couldn't help but smirk a little, she was kind of cute with her frustrated look on her face.
" Fine, Miss Stone. Let's get to work".

Alaine's POV
The minute I see him, seated in his office chair signing documents I wanted to shout, scream but of course my inner voice did Scream, "fuck fuck fuuuuuucccckkk, I'm screwed. I hope I don't lose the deal, the one night I decide to do something out of my comfort zone, it had to be the CEO of Archer Hotels. I'm like the most unfortunate being on this plant. Get yourself together Alaine, you still got this".

" Are you stalking me Miss Stone"? When I heard those words, I swear I felt like giving him a piece of my mind, but I gotta act professional. Lord knows I need this deal and here I am pitching a proposal to benefit both our companies. So I try to get straight to business but my mind was thinking about last nights make out session. I mean, the way he kisses, the way he used his tongue made me think of what else that tongue of his could do, if you know what I mean. I feel myself getting aroused and I sit opposite to him hoping he hasn't noticed as a tighten my thighs.

So we get right to business, and I just can't wait to get over and done with and hope for the best.
"Thank you for your time Mr. Archer, I hope to hear from you soon" as I get up and give him my hand for a handshake and for a minute there I thought the arrogant fool was going to leave me hanging, but he gets up, with his beautiful blue eyes straight looking into mine with a grin on his face, he moves forward, places his impossibly enormous hands into mine and smirks, "It was a pleasure Miss Stone". Pleasure, it was a pleasure, weird choice of words, why couldn't he say oh you're welcome Miss Stone, perhaps say nothing or a simple I'll get back at you would have sufficed but nooo, he had to use the word pleasure. And now I'm thinking about last night. " Miss Stone, My hand please"
I didn't realise I was still holding his hand, startled by his statement, I drop it as fast as I could. "Sorry had zoned out a bit, I'll take my leave then". I replied with a slight sigh of relief.

Just as I'm about to walk out the door, he calls me out with an emotionless look. " Miss stone, I like your proposal and I'm impressed. How about you draft a contract and send it to my lawyers for review. I'll be looking forward to working with you".
I wanna jump and scream and give someone a hug and my intestines are doing somersaults and then it hits me, I'm gonna have to see more of him.

So what you think? Don't forget, vote and comment and add to your reading lists.