He's a Beast Somewhere Else

Começar do início

"You're right... you're right..." Luella started to open the envelope and read what the letter said. "Luella Yvette... your condition will make pregnancy difficult due to your robotic features... but... it's possible...!"

"I-It's possible-?!" Clarence gasped in shock. "B-But... I thought..."

"Me, too!" Luella hugged him and wiped her tears away. "It may be difficult, but it's possible... there's still a chance for me! Clarence...!"

They pulled away before bursting out with laughter. Luella was always worried that her robotic features would prevent her from doing things that a normal human would do, and pregnancy was the last thing on her list to check out.

Sanlo referred her to an expert, who took her in for an examination. She had been waiting for a month or so to hear their findings, and all of it had been worth it.

"Are you thinking of launching into it straight away?" Clarence asked her. "I-I don't mean to be so intrusive, so you don't have to-"

"I want to be with the man I want first." Luella said immediately, cutting him off. "I want him to be the father... not some random donor."

"I hope he feels the same way." Clarence smiled at her, "I'll support you throughout. Especially for all you've done for me."

"Yes... thank you, Clarence..." Luella smiled, a real smile. "... I..."

Luella leaned in close to Clarence, her-

"WAIT!" Came a cry as the door slammed open. Luella jumped back, her chance gone.

Felice grabbed Luella and Clarence's hands and started to drag them outside. "You have to come quickly! It's an emergency!!"

"What's going on-?!" Clarence managed to get out as they ran down the hallway. "Felice-!"

"It's Carlen!" Felice yelled between pants, "He... he's on the roof! I think he's going to jump-!"

—————

Dai was reading a book on the bottom bunk whilst Carlen lazed about on the top. They had been roommates since day one, yet the bunk bed was getting a bit too small for the two of them. Carlen had been begging for a king sized bed for months, but Dai was too embarrassed to agree.

Besides, he could always hold Carlen's hand whilst he was sleeping. He had a habit of leaning over, letting his hand dangle from the top. Dai didn't know how he could sleep like that. His arm could fall off.

Carlen's watch beeped timely. He jumped off of the top bunk and beelined for the briefcase on their desk.

"Doesn't it get annoying?" Dai asked him, "I don't think I could stab myself as much as you do... besides, I like my eyes looking like clocks. You make really funny puns out of them!"

"Yeah, well... some of us don't like looking unique." Carlen said, annoyed. "Especially when you've been ridiculed because of it."

"But... Carlen..." Dai sighed as Carlen injected himself with more of the blue serum. "... everyone is the same here. You don't need to use it-"

"Aww, does my little Dai have a thing for animals?" Carlen joked. Dai knew he was just hiding his true feelings. "I never took you for that type..."

Dai's face went bright red. "N-No-! I-I'm not... Carlen!! That's gross! Don't start that again!" He huffed and closed his book.