Chapter 11 - It's a Secret

Joe's POV:
Monday morning... finally. The weekend had dragged on forever - Dianne and I had decided to keep our 'thing' secret and we'd both been helping Zoe and Tan move in to their new flat. To say that we both found it difficult to keep it quiet around those two, would be an understatement. But now, it was Monday again and we had an even bigger problem - making sure that nobody at school suspected anything.
I walked over to her house so we could spend 20 minutes of the day alone with each other, before we went back to pretending we didn't like each other. I knocked on her door and waited anxiously; we'd texted a lot, but being a couple was still relatively new for us. She opened the door and as usual, she had some sort of unedited perfection to her. She was wearing a white shirt tied at the bottom in a knot and ripped jeans, with small healed boots and her hair was in a messy bun. How I had got a girl like this to go out with me is still a mystery.
"Morning, sunshine." I said, taking her hand.
"Morning. You okay?" She asked, not really looking up.
"Yeah... but you're clearly not. What's wrong?"
"Nothing, I just had an argument with my mum last night. Her and my dad need to move to Wales for a bit."
"What does this mean for you?" I replied almost instantly. I know it's selfish, but I couldn't imagine what I'd do if Di left.
"Well, my parents wanted me to go with them and I said I wouldn't. They said all the work is to support the family and the schools are better, but I couldn't imagine leaving. After a lot of arguing, they've agreed to let me stay here, but I have to pay half the rent, which means I need to get a job and I'll have to cut down on dance."
"I'm so sorry, Buz. I wish I could do something to help." I squeezed her hand and pulled her closer to me, placing a kiss on her cheek.
"At least I'm not leaving. I'm too invested in this weird thing we've got going on!" She giggled adorably and smiled.
"Oh, hey. There's some kids in our year over there." We abruptly let go of our hands and I walked a bit in front of Di. I hated that we had to do this, but I desperately wanted to make this work. She caught up with me after the other kids were out of sight.
"This is weird." She said, shrugging.
"I know, but if this works, maybe we won't have to keep it up for that long."
"Yeah. Hopefully."

Dianne's POV:
We parted ways when we got to the gates and I immediately felt awkward and out of place. Joe had a swarm of people around him already, so I decided I'd go and set up camp in form for a while. It was still early, so I'd have time before anyone else came into the class. Upon entering the room, Conor and Jack were already there, so I just quietly took my seat and began to watch dancing videos, until I felt eyes on me. I looked up to see the two boys grinning at me.
"Hey." Jack chirped.
"Hello?"
"So, how's Joseph?" Conor said, winking at me.
"Erm... ask him yourself! How am I supposed to know?" I felt my cheeks heat up and my hands begin to get clammy.
"Look, Red. I know about you two. It's so obvious. You need to work on your acting skills." Jack smiled teasingly and I opened my mouth to reply, but at that moment, Joe walked in with Byron.
"Joe Sugg- we've unveiled your dirty little secret!" Conor announced, standing on his chair.
"Okay?" Joe glanced at me then back at Conor and Jack.
"I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself!" Jack held his hands up and laughed to himself. "I may have told Conor. And told Dianne that I know."
"Hey why didn't I know about this?" Byron asked, making us all aware he was still in the room.
"Joe, we should explain."
"I suppose we should." He came and sat down, putting his arm around me in the process. "So we've decided to be together, but we're not labelling anything or telling everyone. We want it to work, so please don't tell anyone - especially not my sister or Caspar. Oh and Jack, that's the last time I'm ever telling you anything!" Joe looked at the three boys and laughed.
"So... you're like a thing?" Byron questioned, looking at us both strangely.
"Yeah, sort of." I replied, as Joe looked at me and smiled. "We think this could work, but we just need to keep it quiet, okay?" The group nodded just as the rest of the boys entered the room and Joe and I jumped apart.
Caspar strutted towards me and slammed a folder down on the desk.
"My half of the art project. You good?"
"Err, yes? I have my half, so I'll hand it in for both of us."
"Cool. Whatever." And with that, he walked away.

Joe's POV:
I hated the way Caspar treated Di. Casp was always trying to prove he was the alpha, but he had taken this too far and I think he even knew that too.
"Alright?" He nodded at me.
"Yeah. You?"
"Yeah. Didn't see you over the weekend, we missed you at the game."
"I was made to help Zo move out. And anyway, I heard you won."
"Yeah, we did, but the captain sucked. You should be there this week."
"If I can be bothered, I might be!" I laughed, slapping him on the back and moving to my seat, as our tutor walked in.
So far, three people knew about me and Di, but they were going to keep quiet. But how long was it going to last?

A/N - Sorry for such a rubbish chapter haha 😂 buuuuuut, I'm so happy that people are enjoying this story! I actually cannot believe this is 5th in Dianne Buswell.... that's insane. And over 2k reads! Wow. Thank you!
Btw, would anyone be interested in me writing another story Joanne related or not? Love yaaaaa X